D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Beginning...

Going into my second semester there's just 3 or 4 weeks until applications for the DCP go out! So excited and nervous. For anyone who doesn't know, the DCP is short for the Disney College Program. It's a paid internship in either Walt Disney World (Orlando) or Disneyland (Anaheim). I will be applying for WDW. You live with other college students in the DCP in apartments, and work for the mouse for a semester. There are many jobs from merchandise to attractions to main entrance operations to lifeguard. Most roles make minimum wage or just above, and you get paid once a week. Housing is automatically deducted from your paycheck.

During the interview process there is an initial application, a web based interview, and a phone interview. You can get rejected at any of these stages. I hear the phone interview is the toughest because you're on the spot and it's the "make it or break it" stage. Through this extensive interview process you list your top role choices, preferred park (Disney World vs Disneyland), and other such details. My number one role is attractions, and I plan on requesting Hollywood Studios because I think it would be really fun and have high guest interaction. Besides attractions, I'll probably list interest for merchandise, full service food and beverage, and low interest for (maybe) custodial and quick service food and beverage.

Well the first stage of applications for fall program go out in 3 or 4 weeks (early February) so hopefully I'll known within the next two months whether or not I made it in. Fingers crossed!! Well that's it for now, have a magical day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment