D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

WDW Trip Day One: EPCOT!!

My Disney World birthday trip started with a red eye flight on Thursday night. My flight left out of Denver at 11:50pm and arrived in Orlando at 5:25am. I took the Magical Express to All Star Movies Resort and arrived there around 6:15am. It was obviously too early to get into my room so I sat in the dining hall and played on my laptop until I figured out I left my phone on the bus. Unfortunately I had to wait all day to get my phone back, a very stressful ordeal, but luckily they had it in the airport office and brought it to my room that night! I stayed in the hotel until 10:30am and went to go meet up with Sarah's brother Josh to go into the parks. I was dumb and didn't pack summer clothes in my carry on bag, so I had the joy of wearing my airport clothes (leggings and a long sleeve shirt!) to the parks. I just rolled them up, but still, I was melting in the mid 80's degree weather.

Well I hung out with Josh until Sarah got in at around 12:30. It was one of my FAVORITE events of the year...Food & Wine Festival!! YAY!! And I was finally legal to try some drinks :) I got apple ice wine from Canada (I think), a cider flight from Farm Fresh that included pumpkin hard cider, elderberry, raspberry, and dry pear. My favorite was the dry pear hard cider, but the pumpkin was interesting and the apple ice wine was pretty good! I also tried melon shave ice from Japan, the Kalua pork slider from Hawaii, the potato leek waffle from Belgium (OMG MY ABSOLUTE FAV), the escargot croissant from France, lefse from Norway, and caramel popcorn from Germany. Not all of those are F&W Festival specific, but they were all delicious. The croissant thing had weird texture, but wasn't too bad. Of course we also tried the free sodas from Club Cool (Thailand's Melon Fanta is the best!). 

We took a short break in the middle of the day to go cool down, try find my phone, and digest food. We mostly did rides when we came back, Soarin' (ONE OF MY FAVORITE RIDES AT WDW), Spaceship Earth, and Test Track (Sarah had never been, she didn't really like speed rides during our program). After Soarin' we headed back to the hotel, we were pretty pooped from the day and I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. Overall a wonderful first day :)


Sarah on the left, me on the right (in my hot plane clothes)


Epcot sunsets are actually the best.


We had a BALL at Epcot ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment