D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week Twenty-Six: A WEIRD Week and Long Weekend Trip Home!

A little late this week, but I was able to go home for a long weekend so I just got back to Orlando yesterday morning!

July 17th (Monday): I went grocery shopping in the morning before work, then worked from 3:45pm - 10:45pm. At work I didn't get a break for 3.5 hours so that was a long way to start work off. It was an absolutely insane day, in the span of one hour we had to E-stop Dumbo once, operate the ride with this CRAZY lightening going on (apparently it was reflecting off clouds, so it was further away than it looked), and our Dumbos were landing WAY off from where they were supposed to. So basically our coordinator is just running back and forth trying to deal with all the craziness that was going on. But on the bright side, we had a really beautiful double rainbow.

July 18th (Tuesday): It was another weird day. I had one guest call her daughter (about six years old) a "shit head" for trying to hop in an elephant before a little boy. We see all kinds of parenting styles here... I also had a guest get in my face when I was at Barnstormer merge, asking me to send fewer FastPass parties because "this had been happening to him all day long and he was tired of being slighted" and I told him we had a set ratio that we follow to merge our standby and FastPass parties and then he gets REALLY close to me (to the point where I'm literally backing up) and said something like "just remember that our grandparents died to protect what we have today" and it was extremely uncomfortable. Later in the shift we went down for weather for about two hours, but when I was at Barn FastPass I bent down to rub in some bug spray, then smacked my head on the greeter booth when I stood up. So I had to fill out an incident report with my manager, and sit with ice for like thirty minutes. I had a lump on my head and they almost called for an ambulance! ALSO I had a blister pop and get blood on my costume so I had to run to costuming to get a new one. So QUITE the shift. I worked from 10:15am - 9:15pm.

July 19th (Wednesday): I worked a dream shift from 3:45pm - 9:45pm. We went down for weather for about an hour, but there wasn't much rain or lightening so guests were really annoyed. After we came back up though, we had these weirdly long wait times. Like Barn was a 30-minute wait at 8:30pm. Why? I don't know.

July 20th (Thursday): We had one guest pass out in line that we had to call an ambulance for, and actually shut down for a bit because we couldn't get guests past her in line without like stepping over her which is definitely not okay. So that was crazy. Then right after that we went down at Dumbo A for an unusual noise, so our coordinators had a BUSY morning. Also I asked for my breaks to get pushed back and one actually got deleted, so I went almost four hours without a break, then ended up taking a 45 minute lunch instead. Odd. The shift ended great though, because we had a THREE HOUR weather downtime!! It was INSANE, pouring down rain and extremely close lightening and thunder. Super awesome but also slightly terrifying. My shift was 11:15am - 9:15pm.

July 21st (Friday): I got up at 4am and drove to the airport, getting into Seattle at 10am and I got to surprise my little sister which was awesome!! Also one of my good friends from high school whom I hadn't seen in over TWO YEARS picked me up which was fantastic.




I also hung out with my parents and had my best friend from high school stay over, which was WONDERFUL. AND I ATE SO MANY FRESH BERRIES.


July 22nd (Saturday): We celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday, so we ate lots of good food and went on a hike! Also we got to go crabbing to catch our dinner, so that's always fun.

July 23rd (Sunday): We ate breakfast in the morning (a really delicious and homemade breakfast) then my sister and I picked up a friend of mine and we went for a nice hike! We failed at jumping photos, but had a really fun time attempting them hahaha.






After our hike we headed home, had dinner, and I had a couple friends come over and I got to catch up with them which was really nice. Then off to bed! SO nice to sleep in my big bed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment