D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Applications: Part One

So I just finished up my initial application! AH! The rumors were true, apps came out today, February 6, 2014. The dropped around...10am? Not midnight like everyone thought. So the initial application is extremely straightforward. You fill in name, social security number, whether or not you're 18, if you've had any misdemeanors (if you do, it won't necessarily count you out), prior work or volunteer experience, your preferred park, and which roles you want.

My computer froze and shut off in the middle, but it's okay because you can go back to it as many times as you want before submitting it. You can save your application, but only have 30 days to return to it before it's discarded. What surprised me the most was that you pick your roles in this step, I always thought you did that in the WBI! I put interest for every single role except housekeeping, and only put high interest for four roles: attractions, full service food and beverage, vacation planning, and merchandise. Most of the roles I put low or moderate interest. I got this window when I finished:


I should be getting a confirmation email which will let me know whether or not I move on the the WBI (web-based interview). That's it for now! My next post will be about my WBI (or lack thereof). Have a magical day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment