D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Web-Based Interview (WBI)

I GOT THE EMAIL. I was chosen to take the WBI! Although it looks like most people are chosen. It took me an hour and a half after my "thanks for applying" email to get the WBI email. I took it right away and was done in about 20 minutes, but I go through these things pretty fast. The first section was all questions that weren't timed and was stuff like "on a scale of 1-5, 5 being it describes you, what would you pick?" for statements like "my friends consider me a good friend" and "I take work personally". That took maybe five minutes.

The second stage gave you...I already forgot. I think it was 60 seconds or something to answer some more questions. These were pretty similar, just getting to know your personality. I made sure all of my answers were consistent, so when they would rephrase questions such as "I'm a helpful person" and "I like to help my teammates and peers" I made sure I had the same answer. This one took me close to 10 minutes to complete.

The final stage gave you 20 seconds to answer questions and this was no different the first two stages, all personality questions and a couple situation questions (if a boy hit his thumb with a hammer, what would you do? And there would be 4 choices). This one took me 10 minutes as well and as soon as I finished I received this page:


My main advice on the WBI is to remain consistent in your answers, and be confident in your choices. Don't choose many neutral answers, they actually prefer you to choose strongly agree/disagree. And don't be afraid to be honest! I know one girl who received the question "Is the guest always right?" and chose strongly disagree, even though many are probably tempted to but strongly agree. They might accept both answers to this specific question, just be confident in your answer. So now I just wait for my email to schedule my phone interview :) SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS!!!!! The whole process took me from around 1:00pm - 4:00pm. One step left and I'll be in Disney!! Next blog: phone interview.

My Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugth4wlcxco

No comments:

Post a Comment