D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, February 26, 2015

DCP: Round Two? (In 2017)

I now have plans to do another program. I just can't hold myself back. So here's what I would do if I were to do another program!

I would apply for fall advantage, 2017, so I can apply while still in college but do the program after I graduate so I don't get behind in school! This time around I DEFINITELY wouldn't do my phone interview the same way. Last time I did it in the morning, so I sounded kinda groggy and sick, and I was in the dorm so I was talking quietly. This time I would go for more of an 11am call (as opposed to 8am or whatever I did), and would make myself relax. I practically had all my answers completely written out! I would absolutely make it more natural and relaxed.

Last time around I put interest in every single role EXCEPT housekeeping. This time around...

I would put no interest in these roles:

  • Housekeeping
  • QSFB
  • Custodial
  • Character Performer
  • Costuming
  • Transportation
I would put low interest in these roles:
  • FSFB
  • Maine Entrance Ops
  • Hopper
  • BBB
  • Bell Services
  • Recreation 
  • Lifeguard
I would put moderate interest in these roles:
  • Merchandise
  • Concierge
  • Hospitality
  • PhotoPass Photographer
And high interest in these roles:
  • Vacation Planning
  • Attractions
  • Character Attendant 
It's definitely limiting myself a bit more, but now I know what I want and what I'm good at. Pretty much the bottom line is that if I'm going to work for Disney (again), I want it to be in a role that you can't really do elsewhere. For example, you can get similar jobs to attractions, vacation planning, and character attendant at theme parks, but that's about it. And theme parks are SO different from Disney!! I want to really immerse myself in the magic of Disney, from playing to work :) 

That's the biggest difference I think if (when) I apply again. I'm not doing the program so I can play in the parks, I actually want to work in a role that I enjoy and can excel at. With all that being said, I CANNOT WAIT to apply again! My Disney withdrawals are through the roof >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment