D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day One: Check-In, Drug Testing, and Casting

This whole process is so different from when I worked here last time! Everything is SO MUCH FASTER WOW.

Check-in: I checked in at 9:30am at my apartment complex (Vista Way) and really quickly just took my picture for my housing ID (which is horrendous and super dark), did some paperwork, and could get my car decal (but I'm doing that later because I forgot my registration). The housing ID's are blue this time so they're prettier than last time when I had orange. That's literally it. It took me maybe 15 minutes to get through the whole process (minus the car decal).

Drug testing: I checked in for my drug screening at 10am in an apartment at Vista Way and sat around with some other CPs waiting for my turn. Everyone was super nice and excited so it was nice to make friends :) For the drug test I just had to pee in a cup and leave it on the counter then go. I probably didn't drink enough water going into it, but I was so stressed from the whole car thing. Anyway that's all done and over with! You pee in a room by yourself, but there are medical personnel right outside waiting for you.

Casting: I had casting at 12:30 in the afternoon, and went with a guy I met in my drug testing named Cory. We were both alumni so it was super fun talking to him!! He's working at Kilimanjaro Safari so that's super awesome. The bus to casting was the same as last time with us counting down to going under the Disney arch and starting out in the room with all the little gold statues. We got a nice little introduction from Randy, who was super hilarious, and there was also a man there that had been with Disney SINCE ROPE DROP IN 1971. That's so cool. Well we first filled out our I-9 form which they helpfully have a template for, then filled out some paperwork, then got our fingerprints taken, talked about the Disney look, learned about where our first few days of training would take place and how to get there, then were on our merry way. It took about an hour, but everything kept moving so it went by pretty quickly. Then we got on the bus and went back to housing! It's only a 10 or so minutes drive from housing to casting.

And that's day one!! It is currently day two which is a free day, so we're going to go grocery shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment