D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week Nineteen: Thunderstorms Forever, Michael Buble on Dumbo, & Cranky Guests

May 29th (Monday): I was super congested in the morning so I took Mucinex, but almost ended up calling in because it made me super nauseous (NEVER AGAIN). So rough start to the morning. The rest of the day was good, our bus driver played the Moana soundtrack on the bus which was lovely, and at work we had MICHAEL BUBLE ride Dumbo!!!! Unfortunately I was working B side and he was riding A side, but I still got to see him from afar! Crazy exciting. I worked from 10:15am - 8:45pm.

May 30th (Tuesday): Day off! Yay! I got a massage to help deal with some shoulder issues I've been having, so that was awesome. It was deep tissue so it hurt kind of a lot, but feels so much better now. Tuesday evening I went to Disney Springs with my coworker, Michaelene, and we did DisneyQuest (just the build your own rollercoaster simulator, the buzz lightyear bumper car thing, skee-ball, and the basketball shooting). We also got Earl of Sandwich for lunch and Ghiradelli for dessert!


After Disney Springs we went to Animal Kingdom because Michaelene still hasn't seen Rivers of Light, so we got FastPasses for RoL, Dinosaur, and Kali River Rapids. Well Pandora just opened so DAK was nuts but we did Festival of the Lion King (they were down one monkey so they couldn't do the tumble monkey scene), Primeval Whirl and the Dino Dumbos before doing Dinosaur, then getting chicken nuggets kids meals before RoL at 8:35pm.


Naturally, 20 seconds after we scanned through for Rivers of Light, they went down for weather. So as the lightening and super intense thunder started up, we decided to walk around Pandora! It looks REALLY COOL at night with everything all bioluminescent and stuff. We also got the fun drink everyone has been talking about that is a frozen apple/lime/pear slushy with passion fruit boba on top! Yum! We headed home after that because the storm was getting really bad (apparently MK flooded).

May 31st (Wednesday): Another day off! I went to Universal with my Circus squad (Michaelene, Brittany, Dan, Jenna, and Kyle) and we name dropped basically everywhere to get in through Express. A bunch of our coworkers also work at Universal so they were kind enough to help us out :) I got to do Jimmy Fallon for the first time which was pretty fun, and we were able to do the Hulk, Mummy, Gringotts, Hogwarts, Dragon Challenge twice, Dr. Seuss, and Jimmy Fallon with Moe's for lunch at CityWalk. Also, super funny, Michaelene and I sat together on Mummy and the kids next to her (by kids I mean like young adults) wanted to know how they could get to know us better so that was hilarious. Who hits on someone in the middle of a rollercoaster ride?!




June 1st (Thursday): I worked from 3:45pm - 11:45pm and we thought we were going to go down for weather, but the weather forecast lied to us all day long so we were up and running the whole time. I also swear I saw some Disney exec but I might just have been hallucinating. He looked official and asked me to two-finger point him to the nearest water fountain, so I assumed he worked here and was important. Also I got a four keys card from one of my coordinators for helping make a magical moment!

June 2nd (Friday): I worked form 3:15pm - 11:45pm and it was okay. I was just really tired all day long (I think I'm in that burnt out stage) and we were only down for weather for about 20 minutes. We're in hurricane season, so you're going to hear me talk about weather A LOT haha.

June 3rd (Saturday): I worked from 11am - 11:45pm and it was pretty good! We were down for weather for two hours (see, told you!) and it was a pretty smooth day. I did have to station stop a lot at Barn for kids standing, but nothing too serious. We also had to confiscate a selfie stick and the guest only spoke Spanish so I had to pull one of my Puerto Rican coworkers to help me out (THANK YOU RAY YOU'RE A LIFESAVER). But confiscating them sucks because they tend to belong to crazy guests. It rained all day long, but not too heavy of rain, and I got to hangout with a giant frog while I was at Barn merge all by myself (halfway up the queue line). OH and we had to call in an unattended bag to security.

June 4th (Sunday): I worked from 11:15am - 10:45pm and it was a horrible day. I had the worst guest interactions and everyone was cranky and I couldn't do anything right. I actually had one guest get in my face a take a picture of my name tag to report me to guest relations UGH. So I was at Dumbo FastPass and had a few families that were early so I made them wait to the side to use their FastPasses. One family in particular was like 15 minutes early so that had to wait awhile. WELL while they were waiting I was dealing with another guest complaint who had been here since 7am and done like three rides, and I get MOBBED by people with FastPasses. When that happens you'll see a few turn blue (AKA they don't have a FP for that time/attraction) but it's really hard to catch all of them when you have so many people scanning and running by you. Naturally the family that had been waiting 15 minutes saw a family come through that had scanned blue and were IRATE. So they're the ones that took a picture of my name tag. Honestly that's the closest I've ever been to crying onstage, but everyone has told me it's okay and nothing bad will come from it. So I'm (mostly) over it. But yes, a horrendous day all around.

Luckily most of the week was pretty good, right now I'm really hoping I get offered a fall extension in a new location just because I'm burnt out from circus and it's really hard to be inspired to make magic when you're doing the same thing everyday. But we'll see, I LOVE my coworkers so I'll take what I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment