D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Week Twenty-Two: Kenan Thompson and E-Stop at Barnstormer

So I know this is super late, but my laptop is broken so I'm having trouble getting anything on here to work.

June 19th (Monday): It was super rainy and humid, BUT I FOUND OUT I GOT MY FALL EXTENSION!! Same role and same location for me, so I'll be staying in the circus and most likely cross-training at either Mine Train or Mermaid. At work I had one dad that was super mad at me because his daughter was too short to ride but she had ridden it all day yesterday (Barnstormer obviously). It sucks when that happens, but it's usually the kid wearing a different pair of shoes. I tried explaining it was a safety thing but he would hear none of it. Luckily after that I got a super awesome family with a dad that had never ridden a rollercoaster before, so the Barnstormer was his first!! He rode maybe five times in a row, starting in the middle of the plane and slowly making his way to row one. It was so cute that I wrote them out a coupon thing to go ride Mine Train!

June 20th (Tuesday): This was a sad day because I had two friends leave the DCP :( My roommate Sami, and one of my best friends here, Corey. So I went and said goodbye to Corey in the morning before work and almost cried, but I'm sure I'll see him again!! Work was CRAZY HOT but pretty slow so that was fine. I was mostly on Dumbo B for the day, which would normally be a bummer, BUT I GOT TO CHECK KENAN THOMPSON'S SEATBELT. YES, LIKE KENAN AND KEL. So that was super cool, I got to actually interact with him.

June 21st (Wednesday): I was off so I went to Animal Kingdom with my coworker Jenna, and we rode Flight of Passage (which is so incredible). This little girl in front of us was ADORABLE, she goes "mom, I'm nervous because I've never ridden a banshee before" and her mom just goes "that's ok sweetie, I haven't either" and it was so cute omg. We also saw Festival of the Lion King (obviously) but there were only three tumble monkeys, so they couldn't do the acrobatic sequence :( Then we jumped over to Magic Kingdom to ride a few rides and watch Happily Ever After from in front of the castle! Ugh, so good. Pictures to come, I just can't work around my broken laptop right now.





June 22nd (Thursday): Hottest day I've worked so far, with the weather channel saying "feels like 108 degrees today" ew. I walked to Starbucks before work with two of my coworkers to plan out our Florida Keys trip coming up, then went to work where we were pretty slow. I put in for cross-training, requesting Mermaid, but my leader also put Mine Train down because that's generally where they need people.

June 23rd (Friday): I got to E-stop Barnstormer which I never thought I'd get to do!! I don't know how much we're allowed to talk about these things, so let's just say it was a guest using poor judgement and leave it at that. So we had to go down for a good 30-45 minutes to reset everything and call in leaders/security/coordinators. We also had multiple ambulance calls, mostly due to heat and people not drinking enough water.

June 24th (Saturday): I did laundry and when I was folding my laundry afterward I found a giant dried out grasshopper bug thing, missing its head. I literally almost threw up, it was the most disgusting thing I've seen in awhile. At work we had a short weather downtime from 8:50 - 9:30, so fireworks were delayed until 9:30. So we were open for the last thirty minutes and maybe had twelve guests that entire time. Then shutting down at 10pm we had another thunderstorm roll in that actually flooded out exit, so we had to wade through like 4-5 inches of rainwater. ALSO none of us brought our rain gear because we're dumb, so we got soaked.

June 25th (Sunday): I remember hardly anything from this day, but we got to be Weather 101 until close, so we could only complete half of our closing procedures! A great way to end the night ;)

That's it for now, hopefully I can take my laptop in to get fixed this week. Wish me luck on the upcoming 4th of July crowds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment