D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, September 11, 2017

Week Thirty-Three: Preparing for Hurricane Irma and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

September 4th (Monday): We had a pretty slow day, people had to go home since school started Tuesday for all the kids. I ended up pulling strollers twice, so I was SUPER sweaty, but overall a good day in the circus! My shift was 11am - 9:45pm.

September 5th (Tuesday): I went to Epcot with Michaelene and Alex and I got to do FOOD AND WINE!!! YASSSSSS! My favorite time of the year! I'll do a giant post later on everything I ate and drank, but for now, here's a sneak peek ;)



The top is Greek Nachos with pita chips and tzaziki, and the bottom is a nitro-chocolate almond frozen dessert thing with whiskey caramel! Yum! We also rode Soarin' twice, Nemo, and Spaceship Earth. OH and Alex and I did the little Remy hunt where you go find Remy around the World Showcase then can collect your prize if you find him everywhere!




Cute story behind this bottom photo, a little girl saw us leaning like this then came up next to us and did the exact same pose! SO CUTE. Also I got caught on a fence and bruised my arm. After Epcot we started preparing for Hurricane Irma, so stocking up on water and non-perishables!

September 6th (Wednesday): I did laundry before work, then went off to work! Work was good, SUPER slow but overall really good. It's nice when it's slow because less people complain ;) I was scheduled 3:45pm - 11:15pm, but extended to 11:45pm because they were really short on closers.

September 7th (Thursday): I went to the Halloween Party with Alex, Michaelene, our old coworker Jenna, and our coworker Katie. SUPER fun. We rode Dumbo and the Barnstormer (of course), Buzz where we got to see our friend Jenna hard at work, Philharmagic, and the Haunted Mansion. Our coordinator was working Dumbo and rode with us, so that was really fun. We hit a few trick-or-treat spots for candy, got candy corn soft-serve and pumpkin waffles, and saw all the shows! We got PRIME spots for the fireworks, Hocus Pocus show, and parade, which were all back-to-back. Amazing like always. We all had "costumes" that required minimal effort. I was a Seahawks fan, Alex and Jenna were wearing Halloween clothes, Michaelene was a Haunted Mansion maid, and Katie was Winnie the Pooh.







September 8th (Friday): We were super slow again, posting a 10-minute wait ALL DAY LONG for Dumbo which is ridiculous. I was at Dumbo B the entire shift (literally the entire shift), and was lucky enough to work an easy 10:30am - 4:30pm! So I went to Epcot after work and did Food and Wine Festival again with Jenna :) Yumyumyum. Also they announced that Disney would close early Saturday, and stay closed Sunday and Monday.

September 9th (Saturday): When I came into work at 10:30 for my 11am shift, NOTHING was longer than a 20-minute wait (not even Mine Train). Insane! We had the slowest day I've ever seen in my entire time working for Disney, and I kept pulling all my favorite positions including FOUR tasks, so the best day ever. I got off at 5pm then headed home just in time for a hurricane warning to come in!

September 10th (Sunday): Disney was closed so none of us had shifts (I now have FOUR days off this week!) and we just hung out at home. Luckily, we never lost power, though many of my friends in Orlando did. We watched football, played Phase 10, ate snacks, and watched the hurricane pick up. It got pretty windy and rained all day, but wasn't too scary. Irma downgraded (I believe) to a Category 1 by the time it reached us, so it was really more of a tropical storm than a hurricane. We did have a tornado warning, but nothing came of it. I think we were just in a good part of Orlando because I have friends who had some damage to their homes and/or property.

That was it for the week! A WONDERFUL week, we're "cooling down" to highs in the upper 80's instead of 90's, so that's a good sign as well. ALSO I'm officially getting cross-trained at the Mine Train in two weeks! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment