D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week Thirty-Two: Halloween Parties Begin + Dealing With CRAZIES!

I flew back from Seattle on Wednesday so we'll just start off there!

August 30th (Wednesday): My flight got back into Orlando around 4pm, and I stopped by Publix on the way home to do some grocery shopping. Nothing too exciting, just a relaxing night back at home :)

August 31st (Thursday): I worked 3:45pm - 9:45pm. The park closed at 9pm which was super weird because we hadn't closed earlier than 10pm since I started working in February, but it's really nice being kind of slow again! I got to chat with a really friendly Canadian man at Barn who was waiting for his family to get off the ride, and that's always nice just being able to converse with someone who actually cares about you and how your day is going. After I got home around 10:30pm we had a MASSIVE thunderstorm, like I've never heard louder thunder in my life. The lightening was also so close/so bright it was lighting up our entire bedroom until 1am. So that was nuts, I was glad to be home.

September 1st (Friday): I made food before work, then had a weird day at work. Mostly it was good and slow, but at night I had this lady go OFF on me because I wouldn't let her re-ride. So we can only do re-rides at Barn if no one has to exit (or at least that's what we're supposed to do), so when this lady's plane pulled back in, my coworker was having people exit because a guest was getting on. Well my coworker was new so I was going to be a good example and make everyone leave since it's fair to everyone that way, but this lady starts yelling at me about how we were awful for making them exit and was like "you girls are just AWESOME, have a MAGICAL night" and asked for name. I was so bewildered as to why this was a big deal and just showed her my name tag, like feel free to report me for doing my job. Then as she exited she called me a b****. Super mature right? THEN she talked to my coordinator (who knew everything because I called her to give her a heads up) and told her that half the plane got to re-ride, but we made them leave, and that we shut the gates on her son's face then laughed at him, and that we so rude blah blah blah and my coordinator was literally like "okay". SUPER ridiculous. But besides that it was a great night!! We had a Halloween party so I got to listen to the Halloween Disney playlist instead of circus music, and see everyone dressed up, and see all the characters out and about!! In our area we have Goofy, Cruella, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and the Seven Dwarfs. Also we went down for weather twice, but none of the Halloween festivities were cancelled (just delayed). My shift was 5pm - 12:45am.

September 2nd (Saturday): I had a lot of awesome guests at work which was GREAT because lately those have been few and far between. But I had tons of great interactions with people, and if anyone got snippy with me the other guests were like "we got your back" and it just felt good. We were pretty busy because of Labor Day Weekend, but luckily I kept getting taken over by an assessment group (so I got to hangout while they did my job for me, testing the new recruits to see if they're ready for solo work!). The only bummer was that I had a nasty earache all day. I worked from 8:45am - 9:45pm.

September 3rd (Sunday): Another pretty busy day because it was still a holiday weekend, but honestly not too bad. I had REALLY cute kids today, I had to walk one kid around by the hand who thought he lost his mom (naturally she was like 10 feet away) in the Dumbo play tent, and a little girl on Barn that wouldn't stop waving at me. Adorable. I did have one pass-hole (the angry passholders who pull the "I'm a passholder, this has never happened before/is unacceptable card) who was FURIOUS that she and her child had to wait in the play area. I explained that it was part of the 35-minute wait posted outside, and that the only way to skip it is with a FastPass because otherwise if you were to skip it you would be cutting 150 people in line. WELL she was like my son has a disability and can't wait in this area, so I asked her if she had the disability assistance and she goes "no I just want to talk to a manager". So I called one over and he literally told her/asked her the exact same things then she starts yelling about how she's a passholder and blah blah blah and he ended up just letting her through because some things just aren't worth it. Aside from her though, everything was great! I also got to see an OWL just hanging out next to Pete's Silly Sideshow, and that was awesome. My shift was 3:45pm - 10:15pm.

That's it for the week!! Lots of exciting things coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment