D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, January 1, 2018

Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2017

I LOVE food and got to try a lot of good stuff from the Food and Wine Festival, so I thought I'd share my experiences! Mostly through photos. 



Okay, these Greek Nachos were one of my all time FAVORITE Food and Wine Festival eats. Great value (that's a lot of food for $4.50 in Disney!) and it holds you over well enough to be considered a lunch option. So good. So flavorful.


Spanikopita - not my favorite, but Martia enjoyed hers!



This sundae was surprisingly good. Simple but refreshing.


My friend Kasia was OBSESSED with the tomato hummus, but I'm more of a plain hummus gal myself, and the crackers were too thin for me ;) But she LOVED this snack.



The frozen mojito was good, nothing spectacular though.



The beer cheese soup is SO GOOD. One of my favorite dishes for SURE. Crazy flavorful, you'll definitely not want to share.



The filet mignon was also really good. Perhaps a tad overdone for me, but the flavor is phenomenal.


The ice wine was good!! Nothing you wouldn't expect from an apple ice wine.



This stew was good but kind of weird. Apparently neeps and tatties are basically rutabaga and potato. I had to google that. But the dish itself had an interesting texture/sweetness to it reminiscent of applesauce, an odd accompaniment for stew. I don't know if that's from the rutabaga as I've never had that before, but it was a little odd.


The salmon pancake was good! I'm a self-proclaimed salmon snob so it wasn't quite up to my standard but it'll do ;)



The pudding was SO flavorful, but I definitely had to share because it is also very very rich. You can definitely taste the whiskey in the sauce!


The cheese dip was REALLY GOOD. I think the thickness of it threw some people off, you can just taste the fat hahaha, but the flavor was delicious. We ended up eating ours like soup (they give you two tiny bread chunks).


Probably one of my favorite drinks was this pumpkin caramel chai milkshake (nonalcoholic). Screams fall flavors.



The slush was good, but still can't compare to the amazing rose slush in France from Flower and Garden! YUM!


I got the beef twice and was a little disappointed both times. Not quite the tenderness and flavor I was hoping for.



I've heard so much about this cheese bread!! My friend Alex LOVES it and I thought it was good but the texture is very doughy. That threw for a loop. Good flavor though!



THIS beef was really good. The gouda mashed potatoes were ESPECIALLY delicious. Would definitely get again!! I was bummed to see they took the savory potato leek waffle off the menu though!



The hummus fries were a let down for both of us. The flavor wasn't even remotely spicy, and the texture was too weird. Like biting into a giant hummus block.



My favorite alcoholic drink from food and wine was this pom pineapple sake! SO fruity and refreshing and delicious.


The ginger pork had awesome flavor, but I think pork is a little too fatty for me. Fat chunks really throw me off.



By far the most disappointing food from food and wine. You can even tell from the picture that it wasn't very good. Cold and bland.



Another good deal with a big portion size, this stew with polenta was good and hearty!



The bratwurst itself was good, however, it comes with mustard and I HATE mustard so that kind of ruined it for me hahaha oops should have asked for no mustard!



The only beer I've ever liked. The pomegranate beer! Fruity and light!



The mango lassi was good but SO fluffy (weird way to describe a drink but it's so true) that it was hard to drink and easier to eat with a spoon.


My sister LOVED the korma chicken. I only had a little bite as it's not really my thing, but my family loved it!


The bread service was fun, all three accompaniments were pretty good, but my favorite was the garlic!



These potstickers were exactly what you'd expect from China, delicious.


I got the lychee punch drink which was good but STRONG.


The garlic noodle and shrimp were good but a wee bit spicy for me.


The mango bubble tea was REALLY good but probably also way overpriced when you can get a LARGER peach bubble tea for CHEAPER right next door at the China drink booth thing that's always there.



The tequila shrimp was yummy and flavorful, but I think I preferred the Mexican dish I had during flower & garden. This was still good though!! Maybe a tad spicy, but not so much that it overpowered the dish.



We were all pretty disappointed with the fried chicken because we'd heard such good things about it, but we all loved the cornbread!

BOOTHS I FORGOT TO TAKE MENU PHOTOS OF:

Hawaii


I don't like spam, but my roommates loved this spam hash!


The passionfruit cheesecake was REALLY GOOD but was also super light on the passionfruit flavor, which was a bummer.


Honestly how can you go wrong with kahlua pork sliders. Yum yum yum. 

Thailand


MY FAVORITE DISH FROM THE ENTIRE FESTIVAL!!!!! This chicken with peanut sauce may not look pretty, but it's hands down the most flavorful and delicious thing I tried. And I tried A LOT. 

Coastal Eats


The shrimp scampi was good and cheesy, but as a Northwesterner, I'm a bit picky about my seafood ;)

Active Eats


This avocado crema was a bit weird, layered with white cake and strawberries, but pretty good!!

The Light Lab


This drink was my favorite of the three Light Lab drinks I tried. This one was a citrus-apple freeze. Like a fruity slushy!


I just got this Bleu Spectrum for the boba balls, but it's basically bubbly with boba. I don't really like champagne/sparkling wine, so not my thing. 

I also tried the fun drink that was vanilla tonic water poured over cotton candy, but tonic water is nasty and bitter so I thought it was awful.

The Chocolate Studio


This is the nitro-chocolate pudding thing with caramel. It was good and weird. Good flavor, but where I was expecting more of an ice cream I got a thick almost frosting kind of texture. Odd but I didn't hate it. 

Wine and Dine Studio


I love cheese and this board was pretty good, but the bread tasted very chewy/stale. There was a soft brie-esque cheese, blue cheese with apricot jam, and a toma cheese with honey. You're probably better off saving cheese for restaurants/at home, and saving food and wine for the meal stuff that's harder to come by!

Africa


Here's another dish I was really excited for, the Ethiopian lentil stew, but it wasn't my favorite. A little too spicy and not super balanced. I know a lot of people loved it though. 

Overall I had an awesome time trying all this delicious food over the course of three months!! My favorite were the Thai peanut chicken, the Greek nachos, the beer cheese soup, and the Belgian beef and potatoes. In comparison to the Flower & Garden Festival, I preferred the Flower & Garden drinks and desserts (as I'm more of a fruity person rather than decadent), but preferred the Food & Wine savory foods. I love love love Food & Wine Festival and would totally recommend it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment