D-Fam

D-Fam

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Week Fifty: Last Shift EVER + Loading Chris Evans and Jenny Slate!

Okay so this is super belated because I was on a cruise, but here it is!! My last week working for the Walt Disney Company. Wow.

January 1st (Monday): My last shift EVER!!! So weird. I worked in the circus from 9:30am - 3:30pm, ending my program where it all started :') It never got warmer than like 58 degrees, and it was super rainy, so it was GLORIOUSLY slow. And how do I get to end my program? BY CHECKING CHRIS EVANS AND JENNY SLATE'S SEATBELTS ON DUMBO!!!! That's right, I got to check Chris Evans AND Jenny Slate on the same ride. Wow. Incredibly exciting. And that was it! I spent the rest of the evening packing up my stuff.

January 2nd (Tuesday): I spent the morning in Magic Kingdom with Martia where we got to ride Mine Train twice (THANKS SHARY!) and get lunch at Be Our Guest.







After MK I went to Disney Springs for Blaze pizza, Starbucks, and the Greatest Showman movie (which was really good!!!). I also did some shopping, use that discount while you can am I right??

January 2nd (Wednesday): It was FREEZING cold, it actually snowed in Tallahassee which is crazy. It was in the 40's which is cold for Florida, and felt colder due to the humidity. We actually had some weird sleet or something in the morning, it was SO COLD I TELL YOU. I went to Hollywood Studios with Peter, Katie, and Michaelene, and we managed to get FastPasses for ALL FOUR of the DHS rides! WOOOO! We also saw the Frozen Sing-A-Long and got chicken nuggets.



January 3rd (Thursday): I went to Animal Kingdom by myself because no one was off, but it's fine because I got a FastPass for Na'vi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safari. I also walked Gorilla Falls and got Starbucks (like always). But it was cold again so I won't apologize.




January 4th (Friday): My program end date!! I moved out in the morning, returned my housing ID, parking decal, and apartment key, then went to Epcot with Jenna. We rode Soarin', Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and did the Pixar Shorts Film Festival. We also did a Showcase lap and ate lunch at Coral Reef! Then I went to Michaelene's house where I basically moved in for the following week.

January 5th (Saturday): I went Animal Kingdom with Jenna and we Festival of the Lion King (twice!), Expedition Everest, Dino Dumbo (I forget the real name), Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl. We also got to ride Flight of Passage through FP because a really awesome Cast Member let us go up without a FP! THANK YOU! We wrote her a #castcompliment on Twitter to recognize her. ALSO our second Festival of the Lion King show was with a FP and it was such a good show to end on. Like I almost cried. I had to try SO HARD to hold them back. We got high-fived by a tumble monkey and the cast was so talented. The first FOLK show was also good, but the cast wasn't quite as good. But FUNNY STORY, when Zawadi/The Gift pulls a man from the warthog section to help lead the section she picked a guy that didn't understand English very well so when she said "and what's your name?" the guy just goes "HELLO!!!!!!!" and it was super cute. He had no idea what was going on but he had a great time.





January 6th (Sunday): Michalene and I spent the day at Magic Kingdom taking "graduation pictures" for me with my nice camera, and we also rode Little Mermaid, Mine Train, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, PeopleMover, and watched both Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After! Full full day, but a good day. Michaelene also did my makeup!









Then we went back to Michaelene's and I packed up my bags for my CRUISE!!! WOOOOO!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Marin. It's been such a pleasure vicariously living a dream reading your weekly reports.

    ReplyDelete