D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Get To Know Me!

I thought I'd do like a little get to know me post! Just so you know who you're reading ;)

My name is Marin, pronounced Mahr-in, not Mare-in. I was born in Everett, Washington, and raised in Snohomish, Washington. I'm sure no one knows where this is, so let's go with just north of Seattle. I've always played sports, starting with ballet and gymnastics, then soccer and volleyball, then track and horseback riding. I'm not the most focused person, and get bored easily so I like to switch it up ;)

I am currently a freshman at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado (just south of Wyoming) and absolutely love it. It's a beautiful campus with a very relaxed vibe. I never wear makeup, and people don't care! It's wonderful. I am currently majoring in Equine Science, with a minor in Agricultural and Resource Economics. I say currently because I've already changed my mind twice....remember how I'm easily bored? Yeah, it's real. Through CSU I am involved with CRU (a church group kind of like Younglife), Mountain Riders (trail riding horse club), the honors program (yeah, I'm a nerd), and play club volleyball. On my free time I like to sleep, eat, walk around Old Town (Main Street in Disneyland is modeled after Old Town in Fort Collins!!), and go hiking.

I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my degree, but I am definitely not a desk job girl. I plan on looking into the dude ranch industry this summer, I got a job at a Christian dude ranch which I'm thrilled about!! I also want to look into the east coast, and the equine industry over there. Specifically management positions, perhaps in the racing industry. I don't want to go into breeding or training because that takes too much patience. Maybe I'll get lucky and marry someone who holds the job, and I'll be a stay at home mom and work part-time in the local tack shop. Who knows. I kind of just wing it when it comes to life.

As far as Disney goes, I have always loved Disney. It's my childhood! There is something about good music and a happy ending that just gets to me, and that's exactly what Disney is. I stumbled across the Disney College Program (DCP) my junior year of high school and became OBSESSED. I watched vlogs (video blogs), and read blogs in my free time and suddenly college could not come sooner. I was finally able to apply, two years later, and I got accepted :) Although I was pended first, so that was a minor heart attack. I've been accepted for quick-service food and beverage (QSFB) which I'm apprehensive about because it's once of the more stressful jobs, and least wanted. But I know I'll enjoy myself because it's DISNEY! I'm just grateful for this opportunity. Working QSFB, I make more per hour than most other jobs, which is nice, and I could literally be placed anywhere. Resorts, parks, water parks, who knows where I'll end up! My arrival date is September 2nd, 2014, and my departure date is January 7, 2014. There are currently 146 days until check-in. I already have 5 other fabulous roommates, and I'll probably dedicate a post to them later when we've all actually met! We plan on getting a 3 bedroom apartment for the 6 of us in Chatham Square (more about apartments later).

You can read up on my bucket list if you want to see what I plan on doing for fun while down in Florida, and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated regularly. You can also read more about my likes and dislikes and all that jazz in my post called "Roommate Survey". I'm thinking my next post will be about housing, or Disney classes, so keep your eyes peeled! For now, have a magical day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment