D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, September 18, 2017

Week Thirty-Four: My First Treat Shift and Irma Day Two!

September 11th (Monday): Irma day two!! I did pretty much nothing but sit in bed and watch movies. We never lost power or wifi, so that's good!!! In the afternoon, after the storm had pretty much left, Jani, Kristen and I drove around to check out damage and hunt down food. The street lights were all knocked out, so it was AWFUL trying to drive around with no traffic lights working, and tons of people trying to drive back into Orlando. There were some trees and branches down and minor flooding, but we didn't see anything catastrophic like the damage done on the Florida coast. We did end up finding an open Dominos, but the line was OUT THE DOOR so we just went back home and made food haha.

September 12th (Tuesday): I went back to work, and the hurricane ride out crew did an awesome job making Magic Kingdom look good as new! You could hardly see any damage from Irma, and our rides were operating perfectly fine so that's great. I ended up offering to extend my shift, so instead of working 10:45am - 7:15pm, I worked until 9:15pm. We had a 5 minute wait ALL DAY LONG which was great and super easy, but I spent like my whole shift working outside so that was a bummer. Also I got stuck on Dumbo B a lot. I did have one girl come up to me and she just goes "hi I thought you should know that the elephant over there made me feel sick" and my first thought was like oh no this kid is about to vomit, but she goes on to say "yeah the color just makes me feel ill, I think you should consider re-painting it." Hahahahaha she rode in a green and yellow dumbo and didn't like the color, so I just went "ok thanks!" and walked away before I busted out laughing. That was pretty cute/weird/funny.

September 13th (Wednesday): I was off and spent the morning/afternoon at Epcot with some coworkers for Food & Wine then headed over to Animal Kingdom to watch Festival of the Lion King and ride Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and the Dino Dumbos. Everything (except Pandora) was 10 minutes or less, so that awesome.







September 14th (Thursday): I was also off Thursday, so I went to Universal with Katie and Michaelene! Everything was super short so we rode Mummy, Rip Ride Rockit, Minion Mayhem, ET, Men in Black, and watched the animal training show. We also ate at the Chocolate Emporium and found fun walls to take good pictures against!







September 15th (Friday): I got to work at treat shift!!! Yay!! They are 6:30pm - 12:30am shifts. So for the Halloween parties, we sometimes get scheduled to give out candy at Pete's Silly Sideshow and get to wear cute costumes. It's tons of fun, but you have some REALLY greedy guests! At the beginning of the night we can only hand out 3-4 pieces of candy per person to make sure we have enough candy to last the night, then as the night goes on sometimes we can hand out large handfuls depending on how much we have left. Well we would get people all night long that would get sooooo mad over only getting a small handful. Like you can come through the line as many times as you'd like sir, I don't make the rules. Also one guy did nothing the entire party but come through our candy line (for five hours!) and easily had at LEAST 20 lbs of candy. Crazy, right? But you do you. Overall it was really fun and we got to see some really cool costumes and talk to some awesome guests!




September 16th (Saturday): I had a cute little Marin come through the Barnstormer FastPass line and her dad was so excited that he took a photo of the two of us! SUPER CUTE AND EXCITING. I had a solid mix of Dumbo and Barn which was nice, but unfortunately the pagers got all scrambled at Dumbo so we weren't able to make the play area a part of our line. It was a pretty busy day, but I hear that that's how the fall will be with most days being pretty slow except for weekends when people are off school/work. My shift was 8:30am - 5pm.

September 17th (Sunday): I worked from 10am - 8:15pm and it was a fun day! We had one awkward part where a hat flew off a woman's head and onto the track at Barn so we had to go down for like 15 minutes while a coordinator went out and got it. It was a pretty chill day, but I kept pulling positions I'm not a huge fan of. An easy day though! In the evening I was area clear for the Halloween party, and that's basically where you walk around and make sure everyone in the park is wearing a bracelet for the party, proving they bought a ticket. And that fun! Super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment