D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, February 18, 2019

SUMMER ALUMNI 2019?!

LONG TIME NO SEE!!!!!! I'm like that cockroach that just won't die ;) So I've officially been back home in Washington state for over a year, and recently decided I want to move back to Florida. So on a whim I decided to start applying to jobs down there, and while searching Disney jobs I found the 2019 Summer Alumni Program! Turns out this year they are opening it to people no longer in college!! For the normal program you have to either be currently enrolled in at least two classes (I think) or have graduated within the past six months. Since I graduated two years ago I figured summer alumni would be the same but GUESS WHAT, I'M ELIGIBLE!!

And GET THIS, so I applied on a whim, not knowing how long the listing would be up for or anything like that, and turns out I JUST SO HAPPENED to apply within the TWO DAYS THE LISTING WAS UP! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. ;)

So anyway. I just finished my phone interview, so I'll do a detailed post a bit later on that, but I did the initial application which is VERY similar to the regular college program application (you can find blog posts about the initial app earlier on this blog somewhere) on February 11th, 2019. At 12:14pm I got this email:

"Thank you for taking the time to apply to the Disney College Program.

Due to the high volume of applications and limited number of opportunities available, not all applicants will move forward in the interviewing process. You will receive an update regarding the status of your application no later than April 5, 2019."

And at 12:18pm on the same day I got this email:

"Thank you again for your interest in the Disney College Program. Based on the information you provided in your application, you have been selected to participate in an initial interview.*

The next step in the process is a Web-Based Interview. This initial interview will help us learn more about your experiences.
We ask you to complete this interview within three (3) days from receipt of this email."

The WBI this time around was similar to the last two I did, but it was a slightly different setup and felt like there were more questions. But it's basically the same as every other personality test that interviewers put out there! I answered honestly with lots of confidence (using "strongly agree" and "strongly disagree") and made it through!

Immediately following my WBI I received a "congratulations" notice asking me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled it for 4:45pm PST the following Monday, February 18th, 2019. I just got done with the phone interview and feel decent! Not quite as confident as I felt after my last interview, but it still felt like it went well, and my interviewer, Nina, was super sweet. 

She told me to check my dashboard as that's more accurate than email, and said we would be accepted on a rolling basis! WISH ME LUCK AND SEND ME PIXIE DUST IF YOU WANT THIS BLOG BACK UP IN FULL SWING ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment