D-Fam

D-Fam

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Traditions!

We had Traditions yesterday, which was really exciting :) I'm not going to reveal too much, but I'll give you the basic rundown. There were two different times, one at 8am (mine), and one at 2:30pm. For Traditions you need to be in business professional attire, and they really will check for the "Disney look". Basically, look nice and cover your tattoos. Traditions for me was about four and a half hours long, but about 85% of that was indoors. So you'll be fine if you wear dress pants, or a cardigan. That A/C can get chilly! I'll be honest, the first half is super boring. Safety and all that, but after that there's a bit of Disney magic which is SO COOL. I'm not going to tell you the little Disney magic that happens, because that kind of ruins some of it. I watched a vlog that spoiled all the Traditions secrets, and it definitely made the experience less exciting. So please don't look up spoilers, it takes away so much of the magic.

Well at the end of Traditions you get your blue cast I.D. and your name  tag! YAY! We don't get our main gates (park tickets) for about 10 days, so the blue I.D. and a driver's license is what we use to get into the parks until then. After Traditions, I went back to my apartment and changed, and then my roommate Mikaela and I went to Hollywood Studios! Seriously so exciting. We got to ride all the big rides, see where I'm working, and watch the Frozen fireworks. Even though it was pouring down rain, it was so much fun. The Frozen pavilion thing here is SO SO SO cute, even if you're not a huge Frozen fan. Okay I think I got it all. Maybe. I'm trying to give y'all a general idea without giving away too much. The whole presentation is in a classroom at Disney University, same place two of your training days will take place. Oh, and while there's not much walking, don't wears heels. That gets old real fast. Make sure you have super comfy flats for all your business professional days (at least four days of dressing like this), and bring at least two outfits with you. By the way, Toms don't count. Yeah I think I covered it all! I had my first day of training today, have day two tomorrow, off Monday, and my first day of on-site training on Tuesday! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment