D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, September 8, 2014

Training Day One and Two

It varies person to person when they have training. You are now on your "work schedule" so you're officially working for the company, and some people have different schedules! My first two training days were taught in the classroom at Disney University, and were the two days after Traditions. Both are a bit slow, but exciting things happen with each day! I got my work shoes (QSFB gets FREE non slip shoes), and I got access to the HUB. I'm not really allowed to say anything about the HUB. but it's basically your entire Disney life online. So I got my work schedule for the rest of the week, and it's finally starting to hit me that I'm actually working here!

So day one of training was learning the four keys. You will become VERY familiar about SAFETY, COURTESY, SHOW, AND EFFICIENCY, Like very familiar. So that's most of day one, and it was specific to the operations cast (pretty much everyone). Day two was specific to food and beverage roles, so it was like food safety and stuff. Not the most exciting, but definitely stuff you need to know. Both were about four hours long. I have today off (going to Animal Kingdom for the first time!), but my first day of on-site training is tomorrow! And I think I'll be working at both Studio Catering Co, and Backlot Express. From what I can tell from my schedule. I was scheduled about 42 hours this week, and 30 next week. After today, my next days off are Sunday and the following Thursday! We always have our schedules for the next two weeks, and those get updated on the weekends.

So that's about it for now! I booked a hotel room for my family, using my 50% off discount. So that's exciting, even though it was still really expensive. Beach Club Resort near Epcot, seven days, $2,782 WITH the discount. But it looks super nice so that'll be fun :) Well that's it for now! Have a very magical day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment