D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week Two

Big news..I've officially EARNED MY EARS! Basically this means you take your training label off of your name tag :) I'm lucky because my location does not require an assessment but usually this also means you passed that. Not a whole lot of interesting things happened this week, but it was a good week. All of my shifts have been about 6 hours, and they consist of bussing, counter, and dish room. So cleaning tables, giving guests their food, and cleaning dishes. The easy stuff :) Also my coworkers are SO BOMB so that's cool. I had Sunday and Thursday off this past week and those days were awesome. Did I already talk about Harry Potter? Well I went to Universal on Sunday with some of my roomies and bought my annual pass. It was like $215 or something with tax and our Florida discount. Go to the front desk of your complex and ask for proof of residency and you get the discount! Yay! We got to do both parks, but Islands of Adventure I think I like more. That one has Marvel and Dr. Seuss, and normal Universal has Simpsons (which I really don't like) and stuff. Our main goal was to hit the Harry Potter stuff so we did the new Gringotts ride (which is super cool) and the castle ride, drank Butterbeer (SO GOOD) and ate ice cream from the new ice cream place (which was also SO GOOD). I prefer cold Butterbeer over frozen because the frozen kind is more milkshakey and makes me feel sick because it's so rich. The ice cream I got was strawberry and peanut butter (think PB&J), and earl grey and lavender which was to die for. To get to and from Universal we took the trolley which you can catch if you take the bus to Publix and walk a bit. It drops you off about a 20 minute walk from the park, but it's only 25 cents for cast members. So it's cheap but it's long and it kind of sucks, so if you have a car I think it's worth the $20 in parking to just drive there.

Thursday I went to Magic Kingdom by myself and it was actually so much fun. I bought my ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which is discounted at $45 including tax for cast members through September. I got to the actual park around 2pm and took my nice camera with me. I took pictures of whatever caught my eye and got to do some "shopping" aka walk through stores and dream of buying things, and eat. I finally tried LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern which was pretty delicious. It's like frozen apple juice with marshmallow flavor, and topped with a passion fruit foam. Sounds weird but it totally works, Next time I think I'd share because it's pretty rich, but it was really good. Got myself a kids meal for lunch, and staked out a perfect spot for Wishes at like 6pm. I brought a book to help pass the time, but I got to sit in front of Walt's statue right in front of the castle. I saw the electrical parade, Celebrate the Magic, and Wishes. Wishes was delayed almost an hour because of rain, but that also means it was practically empty! I highly recommend going to the parks by yourself once in awhile.

Work this week was pretty consistent. Worked about 12-6 everyday and did the same jobs. 2 days at Backlot, 3 days at SCC. This week is the same but I get Wednesday and Thursday off, and we're open later on Saturday due to the Tower of Terror run thingy. But my class starts Thursday so yay! (Exploring Environmentality and Sustainability) I think I'm going to Universal with my friend Katy on Wednesday, and doing errands and maybe a park in the morning on Thursday. Or Property Control. That's the cast member store that sells cheap merch that is somehow "damaged" (keep in mind this could be a thread missing or something tiny).

So that's my week. I think I'm gonna do a post soon that's super random tips and fun facts and whatever that wouldn't fit in anywhere else. I'm loving it here so far :) Stay tuned for the next post! Have a very magical week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment