D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

DCP Round Two (2017)? UPDATE!

So I posted awhile back about applying for the DCP fall 2017. Well new plan! I am now set to graduate a semester EARLY in December 2016, so the new plan is to apply for spring 2017! AND GUESS WHAT?! My roommate Lindsey from my first program plans to apply at the same time!!! AH THAT'S SO EXCITING. So my new plan is to do another DCP in the spring, and hopefully apply for a fall Professional Internship - Marketing, and extend into that. If I don't receive a PI offer then I would just extend through fall for the DCP! It's a win-win.

So the marketing thing is new, I finally decided what I want to do with my degree (Agricultural Business)! HOORAY! I want to go into marketing for agritourism. This includes wineries, dude ranches, cideries, breweries, AKA high-end ag. So I really want to go for a marketing PI with Disney before real life happens :) Or maybe I'll just work for Disney forever. Who knows!

Here's an update on where I would place my role choices; Disney has taken away some roles and added others, so these are the new changes:

No Interest:
  • Custodial
  • Quick-Service Food & Beverage
  • Housekeeping
  • Bus Greeter
  • Character Performer
  • Hopper
  • Monorail
Low Interest:
  • Costuming
  • Watercraft
  • Lifeguarding
  • BBB/PL
  • Recreation
  • Bell Services
  • Children's Activities 
Moderate Interest:
  • Merchandise
  • Floral
  • Seater
High Interest:
  • Attractions
  • Vacation Planner
  • Front Desk
  • PhotoPass Photographer
  • Concierge
  • Convention Guide
  • Character Attendant
The list is fairly similar to my old list, with a few updates. Most of the low interest I know I probably wouldn't be considered for because I can't sew (costuming), have a tattoo on my ankle (lifeguarding and recreation), and have no hair experience (BBB), but I wanted to show that I have a big interest in the company without being too picky. So I'm being sneaky ;) I chose my high interest roles (and really, my moderate roles too) based on what will help me most professionally in the future. I want to highlight the fact that these are all VERY "Disney", other roles such as QSFB, custodial, and housekeeping are more universal; you can find them anywhere. While going through interviews for school jobs and summer internships, people are always extremely interested that I have Disney on my resume, but they are expecting to see roles such as attractions or hospitality, and when I explain QSFB there's always a kind of letdown. I also picked roles that could relate to marketing; vacation planning, concierge, and front desk actually do a lot of face to face marketing of the company, answering questions and trying to "sell" the parks. So that's why I chose those roles. I just hope they don't look at my food-heavy job experience and write me off for those roles!

Last time around I put interest in every role except housekeeping, already a big difference. And I think on my interview I answered everything well, but did nothing to make myself stand out. Which is probably why I was pended, then accepted to QSFB. I proved that I could fit in with the company, but not that I could excel there, an important distinction. This time around I would interview with WAY more confidence, and relate more to my future career with Disney in a PI, and past experiences, and how those all relate. 

I am going through Disney withdrawals again, today marks the one year date since the day my Disney College Program ended. Crying. I've been texting my roomies all day long, and it's so sad, but there are so many happy memories!!! CAN'T WAIT TO (HOPEFULLY) GO BACK!!!! Approximately 7.5 months until I can apply again <3 Let the ridiculously long countdown begin. 

Huge thank you to people who actually read my blog, I hit 5.5k page views the other day! So I guess some people actually read this :) I went through my old blog posts (moderately embarrassing, I know) and am actually impressed with myself. I documented just about everything! Anyhoo, y'all are the best, and I hope you have a very magical 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment