D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, February 27, 2017

Week Five: Service Dogs on Dumbo & Days Off!!

I actually wrote notes on my phone for this week so I could remember what I did! Yay!

February 20th (Monday): I worked from 4:30pm - 11:45pm which was nice to have the morning to sleep in! I went to Walmart in the morning before heading to work. Work was good, I was mostly on Dumbo but we had the FUNNIEST service dog interaction! So on Dumbo, service dogs can ride as long as they are in a body carrier thing, or lying on the floor of Dumbo and we had a lady with a service dog chihuahua in a chest carrier. The dog was facing forward like a baby and was wearing Mickey ears, tennis shoes, and a shirt. And when the lady, her husband, and their dog were in the air they were holding the dogs arms up in the air hahahaha. After they landed they told us the dog loved it and had the dog wave at us, best thing ever.

February 21st (Tuesday): I went to Trader Joe's and Publix with my roommate Alexa before work to pick up a few things I forgot the day before, then worked from 3:45pm - 11:45pm. I worked Barn and Dumbo pretty 50/50 but I had a super cute couple wearing an "I'm Celebrating" pin. When I asked them what they were celebrating, they said they were on their first date!! Super cute :) The day was good, I got to watch the fireworks from my location which is always a plus.

February 22nd (Wednesday): I had my class from 9am - 11am and we talked about marketing tactics and strategies. Again, pretty dry, but good information. I was off Wednesday (FINALLY) and went to Disney Springs with Corey where we got to try out Disney Quest! Disney Quest is closing for good in like June or July so it's free for CM's until then. It's basically a 5 story interactive game room. So there are some simulator attractions, video games, and other similar style attractions. We did an interactive jungle cruise, pirate ship where we shoot things, Aladdin themed race thing, build your own rollercoaster, and a few other things. The highlight for sure was the rollercoaster simulator where you build your coaster on a screen similar to Test Track. You can pick from a bunch of different moves (like barrel roll, banked S-turn, corkscrew, etc.) and string them together until you fill up the track. Then you scan your card and go to the actual simulator, scan it again, and go through your simulation! Super fun. There's 5 different intensity levels and ours was a level 3. After Quest we went to Magic Kingdom but it was a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR. Holy rain. Thankfully I brought my rain gear so I was set but we still got pretty soaked. Alexa met up with Corey and I and we did Monster Inc. Laugh Floor (but the audio cut out halfway through so we had to exit early), Carousel of Progress, Little Mermaid, Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain (since we were already soaked). Once I upload the photos I'll insert them here. And I got a yummy waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. Then I went home and did laundry.




February 23rd (Thursday): I was also off today! Mariam, Alyssa, and I all went to Universal and did all the crazy rollercoasters! We did Mummy, Rip Ride Rockit, Men in Black, went to the Leaky Cauldron for lunch, did the Hulk, both Dragon Challenge coasters (red is better), the Hogwarts castle ride, went to Honeydukes, watched the Sinbad stunt show, ate at Mythos for lunch/dinner, and ended outside Islands of Adventure at the Chocolate Emporium! It's a new restaurant thing that has a merch shop, milkshake bar, and restaurant. We went for the milkshakes which were super yummy. They were pricey at like $12 but were those over the top style milkshakes with souvenir mugs/glasses. I got marshmallow dream or something that was like a rice krispie treat.



February 24th (Friday): I worked 10am - 9:25pm and we had the crankiest guests this day. The park was busy and everyone was just so mad. I had one guest on Dumbo that was with his family of like 7, but they only wanted 3 Dumbos, so they got 3 boarding passes. Once they got on though, they decided they needed 4, so one family didn't have a Dumbo. Well I asked the dad to move since he was supposed to sit with his wife and baby, he through a fit, then moved. My coworker Allison then asked for their boarding pass and checked the seatbelt and the wife moves to stand up to look for it, and the husband says "this is ridiculous, I should sue, I've had to get up 7 times now" and throws another fit. Well we finally get the ride going and after the ride the man comes up to me and tells me he had to move 8 times and the customer service was horrible and blah blah blah so I just apologized over and over, like what else am I supposed to do haha. Same day new guest: a lady wants to take her baby on the ride over the fence and I tell her we can't pass people over the fence or load from the exit, and the grandparents go complain and take down a bunch of our names to complain to Guest Relations. BUT on the bright side I got to see my old DCP roommate Mikaela who's here for the week with her family :)


February 25th (Saturday): Saturday was okay, better than Friday but still some cranky guests. For the first time in my life I was accused of being racist because I told a family if they wanted to ride I'd have to measure their little daughter first. The wife looks at me and is like "it's because of him, isn't it?" and points to her husband and I'm like "oh no, we have a height requirement so we have to measure all little ones!" and she just looks at me and walks away. Still not sure how I came off as racist but that was a new one. Oh and I worked 3:45pm - 11:45pm.

February 26th (Sunday): I worked 3:45pm - 11:45pm and it was a good day! We were super backed up at Barnstormer because the girl at grouper couldn't keep up, but when I rotated into grouper after her I was super efficient and my coordinator noticed and said something, so that was nice to hear. I worked Barn and Dumbo 50/50 again but it was a good day and we closed super fast which is always nice!

That's it for this week! On my days off this coming week I'll go to a park Wednesday after class (last one!) and probably Blizzard Beach on Thursday for some water fun. Then next week some friends from home will be here so I'll go to the beach with them and to Universal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment