D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Flower & Garden Festival (SUPER BELATED)

Okay this is ridiculously late so I'm sorry, but here's a bunch of photos of food and my thoughts on what I ate!!

So first off, Flower & Garden Festival is an event held at Epcot that runs from March 1st through May 29th (for the 2017 year), and it's basically a bunch of booths around the World Showcase that each sell different food dishes, plus a bunch of pretty flowers up everywhere and some other smaller shows/events (like a butterfly tent). I was able to buy at least one dish/drink from every single booth, so without further ado, here are my thoughts and photos!!

The Berry Basket (located just before you enter Mexico): I had the Twinings Green Tea Berry Mint Julep (non-alcoholic) and it had awesome flavor. I found the texture to be a little bit too icy where I had to eat it with a spoon rather than drink it, but the flavors were spot on with predominantly refreshing mint and berry with a hint of green tea.


Northern Bloom (Canada): I had the Beef Tenderloin Tips with Mushroom Bourdelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes, and Garden Vegetables and it was DELICIOUS. For sure one of my favorite things I had to eat.


La Isla Fresca (near Mexico):  So I tried two different dishes, but don't have pictures of either of them (whoops!) but I had the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce, and the Caribbean Conch Salad with Avocado, Mango, and Onions. I had definitely a bigger fan of the salad, it had awesome flavor and it was all my favorite things. The shrimp sauce was good but the shrimp itself had very basic flavor (in my humble opinion;)).

Cider House (UK): I tried two different items, the Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Branston Dressing with Pears, and the House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare. Both were pretty tasty, but I think I preferred the corned beef! The cheddar biscuit was awesome on the other dish, but the salmon had a little too much dill for my taste!!



Urban Farm Eats (just before the UK): I had the Urban Fairy Cocktail and it was weird. I wasn't a fan, but a lot of people were. It has cucumber, lime, and absynthe but I found the flavor to be very licorice-y, which is the flavor from the absynthe. Not for me!


Pineapple Promenade (also by the UK): I had the Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and it was INCREDIBLE and also beautiful. One of my favorite drinks for sure. It's non-alcoholic and was the perfect texture and perfect blend of fruity and floral!


Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico): I tried both the Hibiscus Margarita and the Elderflower Pineapple Margarita and they were both pretty good. The hibiscus was a little less sweet, and both were pretty strong. I think I liked the elderflower pineapple one better just because it had more flavor, but I would probably skip both if I were to go again.


Lotus House (China): I got the Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries (multiple times) and the M.S.G. Wine Cooler (mango/strawberry/ginger ale). I really enjoyed both of these, the candied strawberries had a hard candy exterior with sesame seeds, so simple but delicious, and the drink was a good blend of fruity sweet and a hint of ginger spice. Yum!



Bauernmarkt: Farmer's Market (Germany): I had the Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips and it was yummy. Better than I thought honestly. I really liked the bratwurst and ketchup, and enjoyed the chips but not enough to finish them all off!!


Primavera Kitchen (Italy): I got the Strawberry Tiramisu which was basically tiramisu with strawberry instead of coffee (I don't like coffee), and it was okay. A little too much thawed frozen strawberry flavor for me.


The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews (America): I had the Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine and I thought this one was also just okay. The moonshine sat on the bottom with the frozen lemonade on top, so it was hard to mix together and the flavors were pretty muted.


Hanami (Japan): I got two items here, the Frushi (pineapple, strawberries, and melon rolled with raspberry coconut rice and toasted coconut) and the Matcha (Green Tea) Sake. Both were AWESOME, I got the frushi multiple times, it was the perfect dessert for a hot day where you don't want to feel weighed down. The sake cocktail was also really good, but you have to enjoy the grassy green tea flavor to enjoy that one!! Which I do :)



Taste of Marrakesh (Morocco): I got the Baklava which had chocolate and almonds, and it was pretty good!! Maybe a little bit too flaky and crunchy for me, I like my pastries to be squishy!


Florida Fresh (by...Norway I think? It's somewhere across the World Showcase....): I got the Watermelon Cucumber Slush (Non-Alcoholic) multiple times because it was SO GOOD. Texture was great, flavor was AWESOME and it's a pretty drink. The alcoholic one I heard was good too, but comes in a much smaller size!


Fleur de Lys (France): I got the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liquor, white and red cranberry juice) and it was ALSO DELICIOUS. Probably my favorite alcoholic drink from F&G. Again, great texture, really well balanced more delicate flavors, and overall just really light and refreshing. And pretty!! Lot's of pink in this festival haha :)


And that sums it up!!! I was able to get something from every booth, the highlights being the Rose Slush, Watermelon Cucumber Slush, Frushi, Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries, Beef Tips, and Violet Lemonade. Lots of good things to try!! Now that it's already August 24th, I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL TO COME OUT IN ONE WEEK!! WOOOOOO I LOVE FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment