D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week Thirty: New Roommate!!

August 14th (Monday): I got my new roommate!! Her name is Martia (pronounced like Marcia/Marsha) and she's from Maryland! She's really wonderful, and weirdly enough she's an actual fall CP, so the poor soul had to do casting/housing/Traditions with randoms. And that was fine because she gets along with everybody, but she moved into an apartment of five girls who have all been here since January. She's awesome though and will be working at the Contemporary as a seater at The Wave! At work we were short staffed, like always, and had to close the play tent TWO HOUSE EARLY because we couldn't staff it. Also we got a 30-minute weather downtime.

August 15th (Tuesday): We are still in the CP gap, so a bunch of people who NEVER close were closing and it was weird. Also I decided to take the bus to save money on gas but the bus that came to pick us up from West Clock after work completely skipped us because it was full of the new CP's playing the park for the day. So we got to sit at the bus stop for like 45 minutes, which sucked.

August 16th (Wednesday): I did laundry before work, then went to Target to pick up a few things, and Panera for lunch. I had a pretty good day at work! Some struggles at grouper (the person that places you into your rows at the Barnstormer) because there were some bad listeners and large parties and parties with wheelchairs, and it was just a lot to juggle. At night though we had someone leave a balloon at the Barnstormer so I gave it away to a little girl which was super adorable.

August 17th (Thursday): Work went by super quick which is WONDERFUL but we were super short on staffing. We originally only had FOUR closers (you NEED a minimum of eight to close) but enough people volunteered to stay that we ended up being okay. We again had to close the play tent early, but not a bad day.

August 18th (Friday): I was off so I spent the morning cooking and relaxing, then went to Magic Kingdom to hangout with my roomies!! Martia had Traditions so she got to spend her first night in the park with us :) It ended up being Martia, Jani (who works at Festival of the Lion King), and me. I did Mickey's Philharmagic before they got to MK, then got Casey's Corner for dinner with Jani (one of our other roommates, Kristen, works there). Jani and I did Pirates of the Caribbean while waiting for Martia to finish up Traditions, then when Martia got to MK I got a nutella waffle and we staked out a spot for fireworks. After the fireworks we rode Buzz Lightyear, Winnie the Pooh, and Dumbo. Then headed home! Also we went through the Emporium and all the Halloween merch is out which was super exciting.

August 19th (Saturday): I made more food before heading off to work, and work was pretty good! I just had one cranky guest who told his kids they couldn't ride because of me. They had three kids under seven, and just two adults, so I told them that we could do a rider switch or find a single adult in line to ride with them. Well he got super mad and blamed it all on me, like sorry sir I don't make the rules, calm down. But whatever. The rest of the shift was good!

August 20th (Sunday): We went down for weather for 45 minutes or so, and we FINALLY had a slow day. Kids are starting school, so crowd levels are way down (PRAISE). At work I bounced around a lot of positions, giving people breaks and stuff, but it helped make the day go by quickly.

That's it for the week!! We have Halloween parties coming up next week, starting the 25th, so hopefully I get scheduled a treat shift (handing out candy and wearing a cute costume), then Food & Wine Festival in Epcot starts the 31st, in a week and a half!! SO excited. And lower crowd levels until Thanksgiving, with the exception of Labor Day and Halloween. FINALLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment