D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Week Twenty-Eight: RIP Great Movie Ride and Colorado Wedding Time!

July 31st (Monday): I worked from 4pm (I think?) - 10:45pm. It was breezy and rainy all day long which was AMAZING and such a wonderful change. It's all we got from the tropical storm that was supposed to come through, not mad about it. It also meant we had low crowds which was FANTASTIC. On the sad side though, it was Michaelene's last day :( She was spring advantage so now she's hoping for PT/FT! GOOD LUCK GIRL! She's the best.

August 1st (Tuesday): Somehow it's already August? What? We were weirdly crazy busy in the middle of the day then it went back to normal. AND we got to go down for weather for the last 25 minutes which was great. We came back up at like 10:10 (after park close) so just in time to close haha. Super nice. My shift was 4pm - 10:45pm.

August 2nd (Wednesday): So my blue ID scanned red (had been scanning red for three days) and I had to call a leader and it took forever and I ended up being late to work because of it. SO APPARENTLY after you've been working six months (yes, even as a CP), you need a new blue ID! So I know have one with my photo on it :) So rough start to the shift, but it is what it is. We were pretty busy, posting a 45-minute wait at Barn at one point which is pretty long for that ride. I also got to deal with a lost child, but after we found her mom another guest told me that I handled it really well and that was just really nice to hear. OH and we had this family come up the Dumbo exit and legitimately think it was okay to enter the exit and sit down and ride. Because apparently the kid had to pee so they had left the line and didn't think it was fair to wait again...well that's against the rules and I had to call a coordinator to get clearance to load them. Big pain, people are really silly sometimes. I worked 4pm - 12:45am.

August 3rd (Thursday): Before work I went to Hollywood Studios with some coworkers and that was really nice! I hadn't been to Hollywood in over a month. We rode Tower of Terror and the Great Movie Ride (for the last time, RIP), and watched the Frozen Sing-A-Long! I also went and got my new ID before work, and it's the Disney version of a DMV haha. You pull a ticket and everything! Kind of funny. My shift was 4pm - 10:45pm. At work we had a 45-minute weather downtime which is always nice, and one of my coworkers switched end times with me so I was out at 9:15pm instead of 10:45pm!! YAY DAN!

August 4th (Friday): I flew out SUPER early in the morning to Colorado for a wedding (my flight took off at like 6:50am).

August 5th (Saturday): Wedding time!! I got to see my college roommate's beautiful mountain wedding :)







August 6th (Sunday): I spent the morning in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, then flew back out at 9:15pm to Orlando! We flew through a thunderstorm which is the scariest thing EVER to happen to me on a plane.

Sorry this is super late and lacking in photos, I've been SO busy I haven't had time to upload much! Give it like three weeks and everything will be back to normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment