D-Fam

D-Fam

Friday, July 17, 2015

Disneyland VS Walt Disney World

So this is a VERY OPINIONATED pros and cons list for the two parks. They are the two most similar Disney parks (in America, I can't speak for the international parks) so obviously they get compared a lot. Many people say that the first park you visit is your favorite, but apparently I'm the odd one out for that! I first visited Disneyland in 3rd grade, and Disney World in 8th grade, and even though I LOVE both parks, I'm partial to Disney World. Of course I also lived there for a semester so that might have a little something to do with it ;) So the following comparisons list is based solely off MY EXPERIENCES. Other people will have completely different opinions, and that's okay, but I'm going to go ahead and write down my own comparisons and opinions. I've been to Disneyland three times, at ages 9 (I think?), 19, and 20. I visited Disney World at ages 13, 16, 18, and 19/20. For those of you who might think "wow, this girl is spoiled, she's been a million times", I paid for 2/3 of those trips by myself :) Ok so here goes. If I don't mention something, it's because I either haven't done it, or the two are too similar between the two parks (such as Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion).

Attractions:

Disneyland:

  • Indiana Jones
  • Splash Mountain > WDW
  • Pirates of the Caribbean > WDW
  • Some might say the Matterhorn, but I'm not a fan of that ride, it HURTS!
  • Tomorrowland attractions as a whole are better (DLR includes Star Tours!)
Disney World:
  • Space Mountain > DLR
  • More shows, Mickey's Filharmagic is one of my favorites!
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Food:

Disneyland:
  • Larger variety of foods
  • More quick-service restaurants serving full-service style meals
  • Churros are everywhere
  • Blue Bayou restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean
Disney World: 
  • Be Our Guest restaurant
  • Disney nuggets are everywhere <3
  • More frozen drink options
  • More food in general, easy to find food everyone likes!
Shows:

Disneyland:
  • Paint the Night is FAR superior to the Mainstreet Electrical Parade
  • Jedi Training Academy
Disney World:
  • Festival of Fantasy Parade
  • I'm sorry but Wishes will forever be the best fireworks show
  • Celebrate the Magic
  • Having Celebrate the Magic and Wishes separate was better than combining the two like they do in Disneyland Forever Fireworks (I think that's what it's called?)
Overall Park Layout:

Disneyland:
  • Everything is compact which makes it easier to find things
  • It's the original! Even though the castle is smaller...it's the ORIGINAL!
  • Better landscaping around the castle
Disney World:
  • The castle is more castle-y, it's MUCH larger!
  • Everything is more spread out which makes it SEEM less crowded
  • There are fewer and larger lands, Disneyland can be pretty overwhelming
My overall opinion is that Disney World is better designed, and that's why it Walt wasn't satisfied with Disneyland. Disneyland is small and surrounded by cheap hotels and fast food joints, Disney World is it's own little city which truly makes it seem like your transported to a magical and CLEAN place :) Disney World just feels like home. And the last thing that really put Disney World over the edge for me is the cast members. Disneyland cast members are great, but Disney World cast members are memorable and outstanding. I'm pretty sure this is because Disney World hires many Disney College Program and International cast members, people who really want to be there and make the magic. Those in California were almost ALL from California, and we didn't experience a single magical moment while we were there. 

Obviously I'm slightly biased ;) But I prefer Disney World. I do think, however, that if you're a Disney fan you should absolutely visit BOTH parks. They are similar yet unique, and both will add a little more magic to your Disney experiences :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment