D-Fam

D-Fam

Friday, July 10, 2015

West Coast Road Trip: Disney California Adventure

I HAD THE MOST AMAZING TRIP PEOPLE. My roommate from the DCP, Lindsey, and I made the lovely 20+ hour road trip from Anacortes, WA (up north between Seattle and Canada) to Murietta, CA. We stayed with one of our roommates from the DCP, Ashley. The road trip was long but surprisingly fun! We stopped at Voodoo Doughnuts in Oregon and blasted our Disney playlist the whole way to California :) By the way California is currently an extremely dry and brown wasteland (no offense to you Californians).

So we stayed in Ashland, OR on the first night and drove into LA the second night. We stopped at Downtown Disney for Earl of Sandwich, churros, and fireworks. If you've never been to Disneyland, Disneyland and Downtown Disney and California Adventure are all in the same area. So it's like a 30 second walk from Disneyland to California Adventure (we're calling these DLR and DCA). It was SO nice to see Disney fireworks <3 <3 <3 We finally got to Murietta where Ashley lives (about 1.5 hours from Disneyland).

We left around 8:30am for California Adventure and had SO much fun :) Ashley, Lindsey, Ashley's boyfriend Zach, and I all went to the park and it was perfect! The weather was surprisingly cool which was awesome. I still got burnt. Haha :) We FINALLY got our Disney chicken nuggets (trust me, there's none better!) and we ate our first Disney corndog which they're apparently famous for. We were so excited for the food...we got also got to see World of Color which made me cry (they play the Celebrate the Magic music from Disney World), and the Aladdin show which is always HYSTERICAL.

We rode California Screamin', the Little Mermaid ride, the Golden Zephyr (aka flying boat things), the Silly Symphony Swings ride, Soarin' Over California (twice), Radiator Springs Racers (imagine a Cars themed Test Track), Mickey's Fun Wheel - the swinging ones obviously, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Monster's Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue. Neither of us are big fans of Tower of Terror, so we decided to skip that one. My favorites were definitely California Screamin', the Little Mermaid, and Soarin'. A thrill ride, a classic, and one that reminds me of Disney World <3

California Adventure was super fun, but of course Disneyland was what we were REALLY looking forward to! Once I can get my photos to upload I'll post those! Here's our video from the trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=I6U53nWRaO4








No comments:

Post a Comment