D-Fam

D-Fam

Friday, September 16, 2016

I'M GOING HOME!!!!! ACCEPTED FOR SPRING 2017!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I found out today that I was accepted for the spring program, 2017, and I am SO happy. I received my email around noon Colorado time (Mountain Time), and I've been offered the role of ATTRACTIONS!! One of my top roles <3 I cannot even put into words how happy and excited I am. I'm going home. We'll see if I get my requested attraction (Journey of the Little Mermaid).

Here's a nice little timeline for those of you who love the timelines:

  • Applications drop on Sunday, August 15, 2016 around 6pm West Coast (best coast) time
  • First phone interviews start on August 21st
  • I applied on August 24th around 12:30pm MT
  • WBI email received around 2:30pm MT on August 24th (I took it and passed it almost right when I got it)
  • Phone interview on Thursday, September 8th at 12:15pm MT
  • First acceptances go out on Friday, September 9th
  • First BIG wave (bigger than like 10 people) goes out Friday, September 16th
  • I get accepted Friday, September 16th, around noon MT
And that's the news!! The date options for Spring 2017 are (arrival in front and departure in back) January 10th/May 18th, January 17th/May 18th, January 23rd/May 18th, January 23rd/May 25th, or January 30th/May 25th. I chose arrive January 23rd, and depart May 18th (but I plan on extending). Apparently other people had February 6th as an arrival date option, but I didn't. 

So now I'll just wait to find roommates and sign up for a seminar and housing and all that good stuff :) The program fee for Walt Disney World was $354.50 and Disneyland was $900+. I believe I had one week to accept my offer (but obvs did it the day of ;)).

UPDATE!! Lindsey got in too, attractions, so we're going to be roommates again and I couldn't be happier or more excited. I was joking with her that we'll work right around the corner from each other again ;) Last time we were both QSFB at Hollywood Studios at restaurants that were pretty close together!! So here's to hoping I get Journey of the Little Mermaid and she gets Mine Train or something haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment