D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Housing & Roommate Preferences

UPDATE: WE MADE A ROOMMATE VIDEO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK18KRR5n4M

Now that I've been accepted for Spring 2017, naturally I've been thinking about housing and roommates. Last time, I chose my roommates through Facebook and we were in a 2 bedroom, 6 person apartment in Chatham Square (back when rent was $78, now I think it's $93 for the same apartment). This time around I think I might just choose my room roommate and go random with the others. I know last spring when people were choosing roommates for fall they were only able to link up with two other people, so you kind of have to go random. If you can link with up to 7 people then I'll probably try find roommates, but will go random if I can't find some! If I go random I might go wellness just in case the non-wellness humans are low-key alcoholics hahaha I'm definitely that weird 21-year old into clean fun and wine with dinner, not getting drunk and going to bars ;) But I have no problem not having alcohol in the apartment, I probably wouldn't have much in there anyway.

If my roommate from my last program, Lindsey, gets in and decides to do the program then I'll definitely room with her and probably go random on the others, but who knows!! If she decides not to do the DCP then I'll try pick my room roommate on Facebook and go from there.

As far as housing goes, I would love the Commons but am not super picky. According to https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/2016-disney-dcp-housing-rates/ the housing rates for Spring 2016 were as follows (so Spring 2017 should be relatively close):

Commons 1-bedroom 2 person $124.00
Commons 1 bedroom 3 person $109.00
Commons 2-bedroom 4 person $122.00
Commons 2-bedroom 5 person $102.00
Commons 3-bedroom 6 person $110.00
Commons 4-bedroom 8 person $109.00

Patterson 1-bedroom 2 person $120.00
Patterson 1-bedroom 3 person $105.00
Patterson 2-bedroom 5 person $100.00
Patterson 3-bedroom 6 person $107.00

Chatham 1-bedroom 2 person $120.00
Chatham 1-bedroom 3 person $105.00
Chatham 2-bedroom 6 person $93.00
Chatham 3-bedroom 6 person $107.00
Chatham 4-bedroom 8 person $106.00

Vista Way 2-bedroom 4 person $110.00
Vista Way 3-bedroom 6 person $101.00

So on DORMS when you register for housing you rank your housing preferences. I don't remember if you have to rank all 6 person apartments if you have 6 people, or you can pick and choose, but my ranking would look like so: Commons 4 bedroom, Chatham 4 bedroom, Commons 3 bedroom, Chatham 3 bedroom, and Patterson 3 bedroom if I can pick and choose. If I need to include ALL 6-8 person apartments I would include Vista Way 3 bedroom and finish with Chatham 2 bedroom/6 person. As long as I don't have bunk beds again, I'll survive haha :)

Housing registration won't come out until late December/early January for me, but I'm already so excited! Senioritis is SO real people, but so much worse because I have the DCP to look forward to <3 At this point I just want to get through the semester and not fail anything...is that terrible? Hopefully the time will fly and I'll be at Disney before I know it!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw your roommate survey video and think we have a lot in common. I would like to get in touch for the possibility of being roommates!!! Would I be able to email you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super sweet, thank you!! I actually already have a group of 6 of us for spring, but would still love to make new friends :) My email is jacobmar@rams.colostate.edu if you still want to chat and be friends, or you can find me on Facebook!! Best of luck on the roommate hunt, there are so many amazing people arriving January 23rd!!

      Delete