D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Week Twenty-One: Chance the Rapper on Dumbo and Working Bridge Support

June 12th (Monday): I worked from 9:45am - 10pm but from 7pm - 10pm I was "Bridge Support" (think PAC shift for fireworks). Well the day itself went pretty well, we had some famous Celtics basketball player ride Dumbo, and so did Chance the Rapper! I actually got to see him twice, getting on and off the ride. So that was pretty cool. Around 6:30/6:40pm I got my bump out from the circus rotation and then met up in the Mermaid break room at 7pm for Bridge Support. What that basically is is holding a glow wand and telling people to stay to the right, or tell people that the bridge is closed if it's busy and to go to Tomorrowland. I was on the Fantasyland bridge and it was stressful and hectic with people yelling left and right at us, which is never fun. But it ended up being fine! We closed off the bridge when the fireworks started and kept it closed off while people exited into Fantasyland after fireworks were over. So maybe 25 minutes or so of the bridge being closed off, but that was for sure the worst part with people flipping us off and yelling at us.

June 13th (Tuesday): Off! I went to Epcot in the morning strictly to ride Soarin' and get a raspberry lime macaroon from France.


Oh and a chicken nugget kids meal for lunch. Then I went to Walmart for some grocery shopping and headed back home! I made taco meat for burritos, and funfetti cookies, then spent the rest of the day watching movies and chatting with my roommates. Really not very exciting.

June 14th (Wednesday): I was supposed to work from 4pm - 12:30am, but was late so ended up working 4:45pm - 12:45am instead. In the morning I went to the Dr. Phillips Hospital to try take care of my ER bill from January I still hadn't received, but they sent me to the downtown Orlando hospital because that's where their accounting department is. Well in between I had a haircut, so I got my hair cut then drove to the downtown hospital to work out the issue. I hadn't accounted for that extra time when I made my hair appointment, so I ended up getting caught in traffic (after I lost my car in the parking garage for ten minutes) and that's why I was late. I did get a half point for being late, but my coordinators were really wonderful and understanding about it. Work was good, I met some cool families and one girl with a unique name like mine that I bonded with. We were SUPER short staffed at night (like every night that we have EMH no one wants to work) so they were begging for extensions. It all worked out though!! Then I went home and ate a burrito at 1:30am.

June 15th (Thursday): I worked from 4:30pm - 10:45pm and came in as soon as the outdoor rides got cleared to operate. Bummer for me because I missed out on the bad weather and weather 101's but that's okay because we got an awesome triple rainbow!! SUPER pretty above Space Mountain. We also had a really nasty guest yell at my coworker because his daughter was too short to ride and my coworker wouldn't let her ride. The guest was like "come on man we paid $1,200 for tickets just let her ride" and obviously we can't do that and he got super mad. Like sir, you may be okay jeopardizing your child's safety but we are not. So anyway he told us it was f***ing stupid and we should change the rules. THEN right after I rotated up to the station I got a really complicated supervised child issue that I got a four keys card for dealing with.

June 16th (Friday): I worked from 4:45pm - 10:45pm and went to Hollywood Studios before work with my coworkers. We got to do Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, and Rockin' Rollercoaster via FastPass, and also did the Frozen Sing-Along which is really funny.




At work Barnstormer went down because it automatically emergency stopped itself after a simple station stop and before we could start to evacuate guests, a man literally jumped out of his row and started walking down the lift stairs. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND. Please tell me why people were so incredibly senseless this week. I tell you, the fourteen hour shifts go my so smooth and it's the six hour shifts where everything goes wrong. After work Cassie was kind enough to drive me home so we stopped by Taco Bell and talked about where we think people's brains go when they're on vacation.

June 17th (Saturday): I worked from 4pm - 10:45pm and it was a pretty good day!! I did laundry in the morning, then took the bus to work and work was SO slow. Like 10-15 minute wait times the entire shift for my rides. Sadly it was Angela's last day in the circus (she's going to the Grand Floridian for bellhop) so we all took a picture with her!



The random green child also works in the circus, she had just been at Mine Train for the day. After work I took the bus home which was terrible because all the CP's who were in the park for the day were just coming home after the fireworks and took all the seats. So everyone who worked that day got to squeeze together and stand. When I say squeeze, I mean every single inch of space was taken up.

June 18th (Sunday): I was off! I went to Universal Studios with my two roommates Erika and Sami, and we did Mummy, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge, Jimmy Fallon, Jurassic Park, and the Hulk (not in that order). We also got Butterbeer ice cream which is SO GOOD.


After Universal we went to Animal Kingdom and saw Festival of the Lion King which is always amazing, but they were down one tumble monkey and didn't get to do the acrobatic sequence. Then we got dinner at Satu'li Canteen which is really tasty and rode Flight of Passage which is absolutely incredible. Then back home! Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, Sami has decided to self-term her summer extension and will be heading home on Wednesday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment