D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, August 28, 2017

Week Thirty-One: Solar Eclipse and Another Wedding!

August 21st (Monday): It was the solar eclipse day, so everyone was FREAKING out about walking around/working in the parks. Luckily I didn't work until it was mostly over, so I just saw the lighting outside go from light to dark to light again. Solar eclipse glasses were sold out everywhere, but I heard it was pretty cool from a few people!! At work we had one full grown woman try ride the Barnstormer without shoes (what??) then her family got mad when we wouldn't let her ride. Hadn't ever had that one happen to me...also I KILLED it at grouper ("how many in your party? Rows 1 and 2" person) and had a bunch of wheelchair parties, so I was feeling pretty accomplished. I worked from 4:15pm - 10:15pm.

August 22nd (Tuesday): I did laundry in the morning, packed for home, then went off to work. My shift was 3:45pm - 10:45pm. Work was weirdly busy then super slow and also SO HOT OMG EVERYONE WAS MELTING. Work was pretty good but I ended up getting my 30-minute lunch at 9:15pm which is super late. It was fine though!!

August 23rd - August 30th: I got to come home for a wedding!!! I love weddings!! I was able to switch all my days off to fall on the days I'm home but still had to call out a few days. The wedding was beautiful, it was two of my good friends from high school so a ton of old friends were there.





I had a busy week in Seattle seeing old friends and hanging out with my family, and it was definitely a break I needed from that Florida summer heat and humidity!!! Halloween parties have started so I'm excited to go back and check out all the fall festivities :)



No comments:

Post a Comment