D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Week Twenty-Nine: RIP Great Movie Ride (For Real This Time) and a 15-Hour Shift!

August 7th (Monday): What a day!! My flight got in at 2:35am, so I got home and in bed around 4am. Luckily I had a short 4:45pm - 10:45pm shift. At work we had one amazing family of a mother and two children who had just spent 45 days in a domestic violence shelter and had escaped a violent home, so that was pretty brave of them. Incredible family of three!! We also had a whole lot of bodily fluids at both Barn and Dumbo, so lots of custodial calls.

August 8th (Tuesday): I had the day off, so I slept in and unpacked, then went to Animal Kingdom with one my coworkers from the circus and one of my coworkers from my first program! When we first walked in a little girl was on the ground throwing a tantrum and the mom goes "oh great, you're having a meltdown in front of a vine" and at first it didn't make sense, but then we looked up and there was one of those giant green vine ladies hahahaa. Super funny. We wanted to do Flight of Passage, but standby was 220 minutes so NOPE. We rode Expedition Everest twice, Kilimanjaro Safari, saw Festival of the Lion King, and did both the Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Jungle Trek walk things. Also we got free ice cream and free cinnamon nuts! Yum!! At night my friend Audrey asked a photographer man to take our photo with her nice Nikon and he was AMAZING and walked her through all the settings and how to adjust things and our photo turned out awesome!!! I don't have it since it's on her camera but you'll just have to take my word for it ;)



August 9th (Wednesday): Wednesday was exhausting because I worked from 10am to 12:45am, almost 15 hours, but it was a pretty good day!! I mostly pulled positions I really like, like ringmaster (inside the play tent receiving pagers) and strollers (moving strollers). Not much to say, it was pretty busy but we're about to slow back down again so it's bearable.

August 10th (Thursday): I came back and worked 10am to 10:45pm and I pulled Dumbo B remote FOUR TIMES THROUGHOUT MY SHIFT which is A LOT. That's the position where you take boarding passes from guests and spiel a lot, so it's a very interactive (exhausting) position. Also after close we had two families who wouldn't leave Big Top Souvenirs then got mad that the train wasn't running to take them to the front of the park hahahaha. Like first of all, the park is closed so they wouldn't let you on it even if it was running, and second of all, the train closed over two hours ago. Closing was pretty funny too because we had a bunch closing who never close! We're in a CP gap between the old CP's leaving, and the new ones coming in, so all these people were asking me how to close.

August 11th (Friday): I got to sleep in, so I cooked a bit before work. Unfortunately I burnt my thumb on the inside of the oven, so that is all nasty now. Work was pretty good, we went down for weather for like half an hour, which was a nice little break during my shift. My shift was 2:45pm - 10:45pm. After work I went to Walmart to go grocery shopping and I figured it wouldn't be busy since it's 11:30pm but the parking lot was SWAMPED. And I had to wait like 20 minutes to checkout. Crazy.

August 12th (Saturday): I worked 11am - 10:45pm and it was a good day! We went down for weather TWICE for 30 minutes each, and it rained pretty much from 2pm - close. Also we had this psycho guest (woman in her 30's, riding Dumbo by herself) threaten to fight another guest who happened to be a PREGNANT woman. This lady was CRAZY. Luckily nothing came from it, but that was nuts.

August 13th (Sunday): I was off and spent the afternoon at Hollywood Studios with my circus coworkers, Michael, Michael, and Michaelene. Funny, right?? Well we got to ride Tower of Terror FOUR TIMES IN A ROW, fastpass Toy Story, and fastpass Great Movie Ride on its last day ever!! So great afternoon.


After studios, Michaelene and I went to the mall and bought me some new wax melts from Yankee, and a dress to wear to an upcoming wedding! Then we went to Olive Garden and got some killer green apple sangrias. :)

Busy busy week with a few more busy ones coming up, but then we get to go back to slow and normal! PRAISE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment