D-Fam

D-Fam

Friday, July 5, 2019

It's Official! I'm Going To Be A Cast Member Again!!!

Happy Friday!! If you've been following along for a while, or just found my blog, you know that I have done two Disney College Programs and have decided to go back to Disney. Well I applied for an open position in Monorails roughly 1.5 months back, but they had already filled that position so my recruiter told me he could put me on the waitlist for basically any hourly role I wanted. With that in mind I chose Lifeguard (because he said that waitlist should move quickly), with secondary roles being Attractions and Merchandise. Well after 1.5 months on the waitlist...I got a part-time offer to be a Lifeguard at Wilderness Lodge!!! I am SO EXCITED to be back with Disney and am thrilled about my location! I'm pretty sure I'll love lifeguarding, so we'll see what happens :)

Side life update: I also was hired part-time by Universal Studios so you can catch me lifeguarding at Wilderness Lodge three days a week, and working in Islands of Adventure at Doctor Doom's Fearfall and Stormforce Accelatron three days a week. I plan on making more detailed posts in the future on what those two different roles actually look like, but I'm still too fresh to make those yet. I just finished day two of on the job training with Universal, and I haven't had anything for Disney, I JUST accepted my offer like a day ago and need to go in for drug testing before I have any classes/Traditions/OJT.

YAY! And a random piece of advice to those on the waitlist with Disney (I plan on also making a post about that later on), know that because of the new-ish Union negotiations, you have to be in your role with Disney a full year (rather than six months like before) before transferring roles/locations, so don't be afraid to be picky with your recruiter when they ask what roles you're interested in. Make sure it's something you could do for a full year without hating, it might be worth an extra month of waiting to make sure you get a role you know you would enjoy and succeed in. ALSO, if you're hired part-time/seasonal, you can put in a transfer immediately for full-time since that's considered a "promotion", you don't need to wait a full year for that one.

Anyway just a few random updates and a chunk of advice, but I'll update later on more details about applying to Universal, as well as being on the Disney waitlist and what my jobs look like! In the meantime...HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND! Stay safe out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment