D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What Would I Change About My Program?

I often look back and think about what I would have done differently about my program. I decided I should write them all down so I don't forget for next time ;)

I wish I had become close to my coworkers sooner. This means going to all the CM events that your location puts on, and really making an effort to get to know people. It's always hard being the new girl, but I ended up LOVING all my amazing coworkers!

I wish I hadn't spent so much money on QSFB AND groceries. Seriously I bought so much food, and really didn't need half of it. So I wish I had been wiser on spending my money on food.

I DEFINITELY wish I had done more exploration of the hotels. Especially during Christmastime when they're all decked out!

I wish I had done the program at 21...food & wine would have been even more amazing!

I wish I hadn't packed so much stuff! Especially since I was flying by plane, I definitely could have gotten by with less clothes.

I REALLY wish I had made it to the welcome show at Magic Kingdom...I was always too lazy and wanted to sleep in!

I wish I had written out my bucket list and put it on my cork board. I completely forgot I made one, and there was a lot of cool things on there!

I wish I had dressed up for Mickey's Not So Scar Halloween Party...

I wish I would have thanked my managers and coordinators more often. They work so hard and hardly get recognised!

I wish I could have hung out with my ICP friends more often! I loved being around them at work, but should have made more of an effort to play in the parks with them :)

I wish my family could have visited in the middle of fall when food & wine was going on, the parks were less busy, and I could have gotten them in for free <3

All that being said, I could not be happier with my program. I wouldn't change my roommates for the world, and even though we had a cramped triple occupancy apartment, I wouldn't change that either. I wouldn't even change my role! QSFB is something I never want to work again, but it was such an eye opening and life changing experience. I am so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to work QSFB at Studio Catering Co and play at Disney World for four months. I am homesick for WDW literally every day and am counting down the days to when I can go back. I knew when I was there that I wanted to make a career out of Disney, and the further away from Disney I get, the more I want it. I'm actually looking at jobs that would specifically help me get a professional internship with Disney, this is my new dream! AT LAST, I see the light. ;) But seriously, I had no idea what the heck I wanted to do with my major (Ag Business) and even though working for the science/zoology side of Disney isn't REALLY all that related to my major...it's what I want to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment