D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, March 2, 2015

Summer Alumni Program

So here's something I just recently found out about....THERE'S A SUMMER PROGRAM FOR ALUMNI! Sooooo I wouldn't have to wait until fall 2017 to do another DCP. Do you have any idea how happy that makes me?!

Okay so for those of you who don't know, the summer alumni program is a DCP but from May-August instead of the traditional fall or spring length. This program is only offered to those who have completed a Disney College Program, and previously was only offered at Disneyland. Apparently this year they started a WDW one too? I'm a little confused on that part, but I'm so excited that this is a thing! The application comes out around the same time as fall applications, and the process is pretty much the same. I was following one girl's vlogs who did the summer alumni program a couple years back at DLR, and she said there were only 25 of them doing it, so that's pretty crazy! That's also not the most recent record. I'll throw her link in right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_3qGHzeq-k 

I'm seriously considering applying for this for next summer. Apparently this year they only had the applications open for like a 24 hour period, so I'd have to be on top of it next time! But my NEW plan is to apply for the summer program for summer of 2016, and also apply for some marine biology internships, and see where I get accepted. Both would be beneficial so it's a win-win! I'm still planning on doing another program in fall of 2017, then extending into a Professional Internship, preferably the marine mammals internship. I change my mind a lot, but I know one thing is for sure: Disney has not seen the last of me! I also just applied for the Disney Alumni Association, which is basically a group for people who have successfully completed a college program. They send you free stuff, so that's pretty cool ;) I'm just waiting to hear back from them! Also. My DCP roomies and I are planning a REUNION!! Most of us are west coasters, so we're planning on a Disneyland trip in early July, which would be incredible. I miss my girls so much!!!! <3 Shoutout to the princesses in 26301, you made my program so magical :)

UPDATE: One of my old coworkers from Studio Catering Co. actually did an alumni program this past summer and I got to visit her! She worked QSFB cashier in Disneyland at the dole whip stand and LOVED it. Disneyland is a little bit different than Disney World and at least when she worked at DLR she got TWO guest passes per day for something like 10 days. So pretty much the same amount of passes total, but for less people over more days. I know other people have had other experiences, so this might not be accurate anymore, but at least that's what she had for summer 2015. She said she preferred working in DLR to WDW, but preferred living in Orlando to Anaheim. Also it was much more expensive to live at DLR and the bus system is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment