D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day One of On-Site Training

Today was my very first day actually working at Hollywood Studios!! YAY! Note that you get paid everyday you work or train, starting with Traditions. So today we clocked in, got a very extensive tour of the park, and did some classroom work. After the classroom we took an online class, but I took a different class than those in attractions or outdoor foods. Mine was about handling alcohol, who knows what theirs was about. It was all very simple and straightforward, you just have to pay attention when you do these online classes because there's usually a test/assessment at the end! Well after our online class we got to go to...COSTUMING! HOORAY! So Studio Catering Co. isn't open all that often, so I will be trained at both Backlot Express and Studio Catering Co. They both have the same costume, so it's not a big deal. My costume is fairly awful. I'll post a picture later, but it fits SO weird. Mine has a huge white button up short sleeved unisex shirt with black striped sleeves, black high waisted pants, a black belt, a white hat, and a blue or red apron. Not too bad, but let me tell you these costumes are far from flattering. And sizing here is weird, so don't be surprised if your size here is bigger than your usual. My costume is 2-3 sizes bigger than what I usually wear, they run very small. Overall it was about a 6 hour training day, 8am-2pm.

I thought I'd do a mini update on my time off yesterday! I need to upload pictures, but I only have a few right now. Last Friday after Traditions I got to go to Hollywood Studios for the first time since middle school. We went in the afternoon/evening, and it poured the entire time. BUT IT WAS SO FUN! We got to do Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster (my fav!), the Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story Midway Mania. So much fun. By the way, the Frozen Fun Land they have going is SO cute. We're talking indoor ice rink, snow area for making snow men, winter everywhere. Here's a couple photos of my roommate Mikaela and I from DHS.




So Saturday or Sunday (is it sad I really don't remember?) I got to go to Epcot with my two roommate Mikaela and Allison. We literally walked right onto Soarin', Star Tours, and Maelstrom. That was awesome. Then we ate good Mexican food, and watched Illuminations. Future CP tip: get a kids meal, they're cheaper, still plenty of food, and even if it has an age limit they give it to you anyway. Illuminations was awesome. We got great standing spots because everyone left since it was raining. I believe we were between the UK and...Morocco? Whatever comes before the UK. Anyways it was great.

Monday I went to Animal Kingdom for the first time EVER with my roommate Sarah!! I got to ride Everest which is SO MUCH FUN, and some weird rollercoaster that is very jolty in Dinoland, and the Safari. I love animals, so the Safari was SO my thing <3 Unfortunately Dinosaur was closed :( But we did get to see Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical. Both are awesome, go see them. We got lunch at restarauntasaurus, totally butchered that spelling. I tried the mac n' cheese hot dog, far too much fatty food in one meal for me, but I'm sure some love it. We went home for dinner, then went to Magic Kingdom with two of our other roommates, Mikaela and Lindsey. First time in MK for us this program and we pretty much all cried a little. We got to ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion. Classics :) Then we watched the end of Celebrate the Magic (I think that's what it's called?) and Wishes <3 Totally cried at Wishes. IT'S JUST SO MAGICAL. And that was it. Absolutely loving it here <3 I now have my "Earning My Ears" ribbon on my name tag so I'm king of official ;) I have training in the classroom tomorrow, at Backlot Express the two days after that, then training at Studio Catering Co., and the day off on Sunday. Action packed couple of days :) So I'll be back soon with more updates! Until next time, make it a magical day <3

This is a Princess pose...

Lindsey, me, Mikaela, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment