D-Fam

D-Fam

Saturday, January 10, 2015

FINAL WEEK

Well I've been home a few days now, and let me tell you, PDD (Post Disney Depression) is a real thing. I think I left off the day my family left? Well New Years Eve I worked from 3-11:45 and it was insane. Busiest day in DHS history, and almost every restaurant and merch location broke their sales records. We closed at 9pm, and got extended to help Backlot. We got off work just before midnight, so my coworker Lizzie and I went into the park and got to watch the fireworks which were INCREDIBLE. So we got the bus stop around 12:15. Traffic was so bad that no bus could get in, so come 1:30am we're STILL waiting for a bus. The line of CPs was crazy long, and everyone was calling the number for the busses. Well finally around 2am like three busses came, and that still wasn't enough to fit everyone! It was so choked up (the traffic) that it took us an HOUR to get out of the PARKING LOT. Ugh it was horrible. And then another 45 minutes to get home, so I ended up getting home around 4am. Luckily I was off on New Years day, so I mostly spent the day packing up. I was also off on the 2nd, so Lindsey and I met up at EPCOT after she got off work. Last Club Cool :( So depressing. EPCOT was my second favorite park!


I worked on the 3rd, it was my last day of work and it was so sad. Everyone was crying, and we never know when we're going to see each other again, so that's really depressing. Well I worked 12:30-8, and after work I basically finished packing. I recommend trying to sell stuff you don't want to take home (such as groceries, toasters, extension cords, etc.). There's a Facebook page that's called the Disney Trading Post or something like that, and you can buy and sell stuff on there. Likewise, if you're extending, offer to buy groceries off of your coworkers because it's so much cheaper that way. I sold three reusable bags worth of groceries, and one bag of miscellaneous (hangers, toaster, lunch box, etc.) for $20 to a coworker who's extending. So I got rid of stuff without throwing it away, got some money, and she got a ton of stuff for super cheap. Win-win. 

Sunday the 4th was our last day all together, and we were all off (roomies), so we went to Magic Kingdom. We rode the classics, ate our favorite food (LeFou's Brew YASSSS), and all watched Wishes together. SO bittersweet. By the end of Wishes we were all bawling our eyes out, and there were so many CPs around us crying too. It hit me then that I really wasn't going back with them...here's our first and last roomie photos together.


Room roommate Lindsey


Lindsey, Mikaela, me


Lindsey, Mikaela, Mikaela's coworker, me


Sarah, Ashley, Allison, Mikaela, Lindsey, me


ROOMIES <3


Lindsey and I <3

So Monday sucked. We had to be out of housing by 11am, or they charge us rent for the week. Ashley, Mikaela, Lindsey, and I were all staying at the Beach Club Resort, so we had to take taxi's for our giant suitcases. IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORT. We spent the afternoon napping, went to Beaches and Cream for dinner (best desserts ever), then into Magic Kingdom one last time. I would have been sad. but we were surrounded by Brazilian tour groups, and they are the rudest people you will ever meet. 

Tuesday morning we all went to the airport. Ashley overslept and missed her 6:50am flight. but was able to catch another. Mik, Lindsey, and I all had afternoon flights, so we caught the Magical Express at like noon. At Disney hotels you can check your luggage there, and not see it again until your final destination, so that was SO nice. Lindsey and I had a 3:25 flight to Seattle with a layover in Chicago, but since it's January, of course we got delayed. So we were in Chicago for 4 hours instead of one and half, and then our pilot decided to fly us to Oakland, California instead of Seattle (supposedly for fog). So that took another 3 hours. So we were supposed to be in Seattle at 10pm, got there at 3am. Sorry mom. Got home at 5:15am, in bed at 5:30am, slept until 1:30pm. Hahaha a very long day. I was awake for 22 hours straight! And here I am. It's so weird to be home. I think I'll do a couple more posts on the DCP, and then be done indefinitely. I hope to do another program, or professional internship, but we'll see where my life takes me! Hope y'all have a magical week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment