D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

DCP SPRING 2017 APPLICATION PART TWO: WEB-BASED INTERVIEW

Hello again!!

So I received my invitation to take the web-based interview around 2:30pm today, just over an hour after I got my "thank you for applying" email. I will schedule my phone interview once that email comes through because I passed the WBI! Yay!

The setup looked a little different from the WBI I took back in 2014, but the questions were almost identical. There were fewer situational questions as well, and more questions about you and your personality. The toughest part here was consistency, because sometimes they phrased things kind of funny and you get confused.

For example: I was asked probably about five times whether I liked a mix of being around people and being alone, if I was a people person, if I liked being alone to recharge, if I preferred being around a small group of people at a time, etc. So that was tough because I DO like being alone to recharge, but like being around people all day long, so it was kind of confusing. There was only one situational question I remember about "what would you do if a little boy hit his thumb with a hammer?" that I remember from last time, but that was pretty much it.

All the questions were apparently timed at either 50 seconds a questions or 20 seconds a question, but there was no clock counting down or anything so I don't know what happens if you miss the time. I'm a pretty fast reader/test taker so I didn't have a problem but that seemed a little different and kind of difficult to understand. There were lots of questions about organization, energy levels, being on time, working in a team, helping others, and taking initiative/being an over-achiever. So I guess just prepare for those. It took me about 30 minutes to complete, and it suggests putting 40 minutes aside to do so.

That was pretty much it! There's nothing telling you how many questions you have to go so it's quite a surprise when the end page comes up telling you you're a strong candidate and a phone interview scheduling email will follow. I'd ballpark it at about 50 questions? Who knows. Phone interview is up next, I'll keep y'all updated!!!

Edit: Got the phone interview email, and my phone interview is scheduled for Thursday, September 8, at 12:15pm Mountain Time. Today is Wednesday, August 24, and my options were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, September 6-8. Time slots ranged from 6am to 9pm, and everything in between. The first time I applied my phone interview was the same week I applied, so I'm guessing when you don't apply right when apps drop, the phone interview slots fill up faster and your phone interview will be farther away.

Good luck to all those applying :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I am applying for Spring 2018 (and applications should be opening any day now ahhh). You mentioned how you were basically asked the same question several times, and that the key is consistency. For the questions you asked about being around people versus being alone, etc. what did you end up putting/what would you recommend? I consider myself a mix as well - I love being around people, but value my alone time to recharge. I know they recommend being honest, but I also don't want to seem inconsistent in my answers. Any advice? I LOVE your blog. It's the most detailed I've found, and it's made me even more interested in attractions! :)

    ReplyDelete