D-Fam

D-Fam

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Preparation for my Alumni Interview - DCP Round Two

This is going to be a short blog post on how I'm preparing for my interview for the DCP spring 2017 as a DCP alumni. Last time I wrote out possible answers for every single possible question, and this time I plan on only writing a few bullet points for the most important/lengthy questions. The following questions are the ones I plan on preparing for (reminder: my top roles are attractions, vacation planning, convention guide, PhotoPass photographer, and character attendant with a moderate interest in merchandise as well).
  • Why do you want to do the DCP again/how will it help you professionally?
  • Tell me about a magical moment you made for a guest
  • Which roles are the best fit for you/are you most qualified for?
  • How would you handle an emergency/tell me about an emergency you had to handle
  • How do you deal with difficult customers or coworkers?
  • What would you do different this program?
  • Why did you put no interest in QSFB, your role from your first program?
  • How would you tell a child he's too short for a ride?
  • What would you do if a guest was violent toward a character?
  • What would you tell a guest if they asked why the character wasn't speaking?
  • Describe Illuminations.
  • What are your favorite things about EPCOT?
  • What order would you take care of guests if the following things are all happening at once: you're ringing up a guest, a guest has a question, and the phone is ringing.
  • What do you think the duties of a vacation planner are?
I will also have some questions written out. I know it seems like a bunch of questions above but I'm only going to write out a few key words/bullet points, definitely not a script. I want to be able to remember the key points I want to make but also want it to be totally natural. I'll also have my top roles written down and stuff like that I wouldn't want to blank on, but I'm feeling pretty confident. I'm much better at interviewing now than I was back in 2014 when applying for my first program, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic! But also terrified. But I guess it all depends on how many people are applying and who's qualified for what. Stay tuned, next blog post will be about my phone interview on Thursday :) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!

No comments:

Post a Comment