D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

IT HAS BEGUN: SPRING 2017 DCP APPLICATIONS - PART ONE

Hello people!! It finally happened, apps dropped for spring 2017. It's SO surreal, I feel like I've been waiting for this moment for the past year and half and now it's here...crazy.

First thing I did before apps dropped was call Casting to make sure I'm in good standing to get rehired (no costumes I forgot to turn in without paying for, or if I self-termed/got termed which I didn't) and that number I'll list because it was a bear to figure out the connections.

Walt Disney World Casting: (844) 559-2278, connections 2-1-7-0 to speak to an actual human at HR.

So applications dropped on Sunday, August 15th, around 6pm PST? Sometime in the evening. I was planning on applying a few days in when the website is less prone to crashing, but got impatient and tried to apply on that Monday or Tuesday. I then realized that I forgot my username, but when I tried to go through "forgot username" it kept freezing on my no matter what computer/browser I was using. So I emailed recruiting (wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com) to try get that figured out. They emailed back two days later saying that the only account I had was my LinkedIn account which I had used to apply for a Disney Store job earlier in the summer, but that account doesn't have any of my info from my previous program on it which freaked me out. So I emailed them a few more times and long story short, here I am a week and a half later with my application all turned in! I'm just using my LinkedIn account, which was fine because there's a spot on the application to put your Perner # as proof you were a previous Cast Member.

Before I got to that spot I was getting an error message when I tried to press continue on my application, but I adjusted some LinkedIn settings and that fixed it. It was set to autofill, but I turned that off and stopped getting the error message.

The application was fairly similar to round one back in spring of 2014, but with a few changes. The roles are a bit different as I'm sure you've already heard, and there's now separate section when listing role preferences for you to put special interest in high volume roles (custodial, housekeeping, QSFB, and lifeguarding). I only put interest in lifeguarding, moderate, and no interest in the others. Following that section you put interest in all the other roles, which I have listed below for what I put.

No Interest:
  • Custodial
  • Housekeeping
  • QSFB
  • Monorail
  • Bus greeter
  • Hopper
  • Character Performer
Low Interest:
  • Costuming
  • Watercraft
  • BBB/PL
  • Recreation
  • Bell Services
  • Children's Activities
Moderate Interest:
  • Lifeguarding
  • Floral
  • Seater
  • Merchandise
High Interest:
  • Attractions
  • Convention Guide
  • Character Attendant 
  • Vacation Planner
  • PhotoPass Photographer
I don't remember seeing concierge/front desk roles and if I put interest in them...whoops.

As for my job experience, I chose to put only four of my jobs on (you have a 5 job cap). I really wanted to capitalize on my strongest jobs that tailor to Disney so those are the ones I included. I included lots of works such as customer service, guest service, the four keys (safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency), teamwork/working in a team, and other similar words. I'll include one little blurb I used for skills learned: The ability to work both independently and in a team to execute great customer service.

Public speaking skills gained from performing multiple safety spiels per day.
The ability to work long hours at a high energy job without compromising customer service.

So now I wait. I just received the "Thank you for applying" email, not the WBI yet, but my status is already "In Progress" rather than "Submission" so I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm extremely nervous this time around because I put interest in less roles, and very little interest in the high volume roles. So that terrifies me but I know I wouldn't want to be put in one of those, so I think I did the right thing. 

Brief timeline: Apps drop August 15th
First phone interviews: August 21st
Marin applies: August 24th around 12:30pm
Thank you for applying email: 1:20pm

I'll update you later on what happens! Wish me luck!! Sending everyone lots of pixie dust and positive Disney vibes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment