D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, April 10, 2017

Week Eleven: Beach Time & 101's Galore

April 3rd (Monday): Alyssa was home for the week and she was kind enough to let Brooklyn and I borrow her car, so we went to the beach! We went to Fort DeSoto which is a beautiful (but small) white sand beach on the west coast (gulf side).





We spent the day at the beach with Brooklyn's friend Hayley (Hailey?), then got dinner at a super tasty Latin American street food place and Kilwin's ice cream for dessert, which is always a plus.



On the way home we stopped by Walmart and it was absolutely nuts. We waited like twenty minutes just to check out, and all checkout lines had to curve around because they were so long!!!

April 4th (Tuesday): We went Weather 101!! Since there was lightening in the area we got to close our attractions temporarily which is great for us, and we were down for close to an hour and a half. On the downside, it was crazy humid and we had 95% humidity at 10:00 at night, which makes you feel super nasty and sticky. Also we were lucky enough to have both a Code V (vomit) AND a lost child situation (they were easily found). I worked from 11:30am - 10:15pm.

April 5th (Wednesday): I worked from 5:15pm - 1:45am for extra magic (tragic) hours! Basically I sat in bed all day long until my shift, then showed up to work! I had the CUTEST little baby named Olivia try to get me to pick her up in my Dumbo queue line, but we settled for a hug since we're not supposed to pick kids up. But she was so cute. I also lucked out on rotation because I pulled all my favorite positions, and was picked up by an assessment group TWICE (they take over your position for like 15 - 45 minutes depending on the position and people and you get to stand and do nothing).

April 6th (Thursday): So the play area in the Dumbo play tent is rigged with a sprinkler system in case of a fire, so the structure itself also contains pipes that hold water. Well today one of the pipes started leaking so we had to close off a portion of the play tent and I got to sit up there for an hour and tell kids not to come in this direction, so that was kind of fun. We also had a really fun end to the night with awesome families getting to do re-rides on Barnstormer. I worked from 4pm - 11:45pm.

April 7th (Friday): I worked from 3:30pm - 11:45pm and had an interesting day. I had a child (like five or six, not a baby) running around with no pants or underwear on in the play tent which was concerning. Luckily it was easily dealt with. I also got to come into my shift during a 101 (so the ride was down with no one in line) and take over Barn dispatch which is the position with the smaller panel to make the ride go. So it was a great spot to takeover. I also had to operate in front of one manager and three coordinators, but did awesome so it's okay.

April 8th (Saturday): I woke up with no voice so sounded horrible, but made it through the day. I did laundry in the morning then had a pretty good day at work! Nothing really remarkable happened, but it was one of my favorite coordinator's last shifts with us! She's moving to Pandora for opening. I worked from 4pm - 11:45pm.

April 9th (Sunday): I spent the day with Corey and we did basically all of Hollywood Studios! We did Rockin' Rollercoaster (FINALLY), Tower of Terror, Frozen Sing-A-Long, Great Movie Ride, Star Wars Launch Bay, and One Man's Dream. We also ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe which is super yummy comfort food. I also bought myself a baseball hat and a custom Star Wars magic band which I love!!

That was it for the week, it was a pretty good week!!! This coming week I have 53 hours, so that should be fun. but the week following I'm back to a pretty standard 45. So wish us luck this week, it's going to be nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment