D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Week Ten: New Roommate!

March 27th (Monday): I had the day off so in the morning I saw Beauty and the Beast again with Mariam and Alyssa, then went to grocery bingo with Mariam. We lost every single time but it was a lot of fun and we got little candy bags at the end! I also went to Magic Kingdom with Mariam. I had a ton of paper fast passes to use up so we went on a bunch of rides including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirate of the Caribbean, Magic Carpets, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Winnie the Pooh, and People Mover! Maybe one or two others as well?




We ate dinner at Skipper Canteen and that was fun! The food itself was a little underwhelming, but the dessert was fantastic. I got a jasmine rice pudding with mango sauce and a hibiscus meringue. I also got a fun apple slushy thing with popping boba on top! Also, the new roommate moved in but I didn't cross paths with her until the next day.


March 28th (Tuesday): Actually met my new roomie! Her name is Valery and she's from North Hollywood in California. She works merch in Epcot at the front of the park and is super nice! I also had this day off and spent it with Alexa. We went to Disney Springs in the morning and got Starbucks and ran a couple errands then went to Epcot for Flower & Garden Festival. We rode Test Track and Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth. I also got the Urban Fairy cocktail which was weird and had absinthe in it, tried the beef tenderloin tips from the booth by Canada which were really good, tried the cucumber watermelon slushy which was amazing, and got the baklava from the booth by Morocco which was pretty tasty. After Epcot we went to Animal Kingdom and watched the Festival of the Lion King, rode Primeval Whirl, rode Everest twice, and watched Rivers of Light. Not going to lie, I was a little underwhelmed by Rivers of Light, and though it was very pretty, I wouldn't wait an hour for it.





March 29th (Wednesday): I worked from 5:15pm - 1:45am so I had the whole morning free. I went to the pool in the morning/afternoon with Alexa and housing staff came out and gave us free soda and iced tea! So that was really nice. Work was good, an ambulance had to be called for a guest having a seizure, but everything else went smoothly. I also got home super late and tried to be quiet coming in since I now have a roommate, but ended up somehow breaking my shelf in the closet and causing a crash noise so whoops!

March 30th (Thursday): I worked from 3:30pm - 11:45pm and had a really cute little kid come up and grab my hand and wanted me to help him find his dad, but his grandma was like three feet away and was like "what are you doing?" so he had family with him but wanted his dad, who was on Dumbo or something but it was adorable. My coworker Shannon was kind enough to drive me home and we stopped by Taco Bell on the way.

March 31st (Friday): I worked from 3:45pm - 11:45pm and kept running into Goofy! We share a break room with the Pete's Silly Sideshow guys, and Goofy came and sat with us in our break room for awhile. He was really sweet and blew us all kisses. Work was good, I had one overload at Dumbo where a family didn't have an elephant so I got them on the next flight and let them ride twice. They were really grateful so that felt good :) I also had a VIP tour group come through and the tour guide goes to California Lutheran University which is where my little sister goes to school! Small world!

April 1st (Saturday): I had a little baby six hour shift but it seemed to take FOREVER. I worked from 5:30pm - 11:45pm so in the morning I did laundry and went to Walgreens and Subway with Alexa. At work I had to work with a certain coworker that takes a really long time to get anything done because he can't multitask and so that was a disaster. I had to write up a safety report on him and we took an extra twenty minutes to close because he took three times longer than everyone else to do his job. Also, I had a family of five overweight people and the dad made a comment that basically called his whole family fat (he was the only one of average size) so that was extremely awkward.

April 2nd (Sunday): I was off again and hung out all day in Epcot with Corey! We rode Living with the Land, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Figment, and watched Turtle Talk with Crush, which I hadn't seen before! It was really cute. We also tried a ton of food and drink from Flower & Garden and ending up walking over 20,000 steps. Also, I saw the America show for the first time. AND I got a free pin and sour cream from a SUPER awesome CM working the quick-service place in Mexico!! He was so great I actually grabbed a leader to tell them how good our experience was with that CM. Then we watched Illuminations and headed home :)



That's all for the week! It was a very easy week with pretty short hours, but I'm back up to 41 this coming week then 53 the week after. Fingers crossed it's stress-free!!


No comments:

Post a Comment