D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week Twelve: Easter Bunny Comes To Work & Working 53 Hours

Busy busy week with the peak of spring break season!! I worked 53 hours but it went surprisingly well.

April 10th (Monday): Yay! Day off! Roomies and I (including our new roommate Valery) went to Trail's End for breakfast, which is basically a breakfast buffet at Fort Wilderness Campground. It's lodge themed and we get our discount there so it was only $18/person including a drink!! So that's a great deal. After breakfast I went to Magic Kingdom with Brooklyn and Alexa before they both had work, and we rode Mine Train, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and did the Laugh Floor. Then I headed home, walked to Walgreens, and relaxed for the night!





April 11th (Tuesday): I worked a whole 4.25 hours until I got my first break, which is insanely late. Apparently full-timers/part-timers actually get to go home and continue getting paid if they go 4 hours without a break, so sucks to be a CP haha. My shift was 3pm - 12:45am. The guests were all fine but I kept making little mistakes like spieling over the entire ride system at Dumbo (which includes both sides of Dumbo AND the play tent) instead of just spieling to my side when powering down. Awkward when everyone can hear you, whoops. Also one of my coworkers visited me at work!!



April 12th (Wednesday): I had the joy of working from 4pm until 2:45am, so I was super tired by the end of the night, but the guests were super cranky today. I had a man try scan his FastPasses and they were lighting up blue and he just kept telling me to "relax" and "calm down" when I told him why they were blue. Literally the only time I've ever rolled my eyes at a guest, but he was so condescending I just couldn't hold it in.

April 13th (Thursday): Some managers played Easter Bunny and came into the break room while I was there and handed out little gift bags that included candy and a movie! So I got Frozen, which was really cool of them. I also had to be at Barn merge when we went 101 for an auto-E so that SUCKED. Basically the ride emergency stopped itself after one of my coworkers pushed the lift stop (to stop the plane going up the hill because a child was standing) and we had to call maintenance. So when that happens we have to get everyone out of the queue and the only people that get paper FP's are those in front of the merge point (where standby and FP merge together) and those who had FP's. So I got the wonderful job of making everyone turn around and head back down. Luckily everyone was pretty cool about it and I had a coworker there to help me but I was fairly frazzled. I also got to be at strollers with an awesome coworker, and it felt good to be super efficient and organized. Oh, and I had a little girl come up to me who was lost, but that was an easy fix! Her name was Naomi and she was seven years old, but I called a coordinator and they found her dad fairly quickly! I worked from 11am - 12:45am, so I was EXHAUSTED after work (I only got five hours of sleep since I got off work so late the night before!)

April 14th (Friday): I worked from 2:15pm - 12:45am. We had a brand new coordinator who started by herself today and the poor girl had to end her night by getting screamed at by a guest. So I had to call a leader for the guest, and it was just really uncomfortable. Basically, they lost their hat on the ride and refused to leave until we retrieved it, which is not allowed because they should be heading out of the park by then. Well they refused to leave and the wife was yelling at Dore (my coordinator) and her husband was actually mortified and trying to apologize, which was kind of entertaining. But yeah, that happened, then when we went to catch the bus we got a lovely shuttle that could only fit like 12 people. So that sucked (but we got on so it's okay). We ended up just bonding with everyone else who was mostly from Mermaid and a girl named Victoria, who's a character attendant. So that's fun, they're all super sweet!! Also my coworker Liz, who's been here a while told me that she thought I was doing an awesome job which I really needed to hear, so that was really cool of her.

April 15th (Saturday): It was a good day all around because I was mostly grouper and main panel at both Dumbo and Barnstormer. We did go 101 at one point because a gate at Barn broke, and the ride won't let us send a plane with the gate not closed. But we called maintenance and the guests were all really cool about it, so that's awesome. I worked from 2:30pm - 12:45am.

April 16th (Sunday): I called in sick today because I woke up with some nasty stomach issues, but ended up grocery shopping and going to Disney Springs for a bit at night. I was supposed to work from 3:15pm - 11:45pm, but the digestion was not cooperating in the morning/afternoon. So I went grocery shopping once I was feeling better! I tried to take the bus to Publix but when I got there it was closed for Easter which was AWFUL because I would have had to take the bus on another loop to get to Walmart. Luckily Alyssa was kind enough to pick me up and drive me to Walmart for groceries. After that we went home to unload then headed off to Disney Springs to try the D Luxe burger place which was yummy, and visit Alexa at work! And now here I am in bed, watching the Force Awakens.

I'm scheduled 45 hours this week and about the same the following week! Tomorrow I get to sign up for housing for my extension which is crazy exciting!!! GET ME OUT OF VISTA. I'll do a Vista post at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment