D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Week Twenty-Five: Roaring Lions and Blue Spring State Park

July 10th (Monday): Monday morning I practically woke up to housing inspections! It was the first day of inspections, so we were clean but not very prepared for an inspection! Luckily we passed everything, so yay :) At work we had a one hour weather downtime, which was a pleasant surprise because the weather wasn't supposed to be that bad! I worked 4pm - 10:45pm. Then at night my leader basically told me that there's a giant batch of ICP's (the international college kids) coming into Mermaid, so I probably won't get that for cross-training.

July 11th (Tuesday): So on Tuesday there was a 5% chance of rain, then it decided to DOWNPOUR. Naturally I was stuck at FastPass without my rain gear, so I got SOAKED. Also we went down for weather, but no one called us at greeter to tell us so we were letting guests in for a good five minutes before we realized the ride was down. Oops. My shift was 4:45pm - 10:45pm.

July 12th (Wednesday): I put in for an ER and got declined, like always. I worked a nice 10am - 11:15pm so you can see why I'd want an ER ;) It was a pretty average day, we had another one hour weather downtime, and it rained pretty much all day long so crowds were pretty low!

July 13th (Thursday): I did laundry in the morning, then went to Magic Kingdom with my roommate Erika before work. We wanted to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade, but it was raining so hard that it ended up getting delayed. So we got waffles from Sleepy Hollow and rode Mine Train instead! I worked from 4pm - 10:45pm and the shift started rough but ended good. I had a bug fall onto my head and when I reached my hand up to get it out, I got stung, so I think it was a bee. I had to go out of rotation for like thirty minutes to get the stinger out haha. I also had two grown men fight over a Dumbo, so that was interesting. At night though I had some REALLY great guests; it is so refreshing when you have guests that genuinely appreciate you and the effort you put in to making their night magical. ALSO I had the cutest little boy and his grandpa wearing matching shirts that had a photo of them together and said something like "best friends" which was super adorable. They rode Barnstormer together :')

July 14th (Friday): Day off! I woke up early (got Starbucks, and this really cute strawberry cake pop shown below) and went to Blue Spring State Park with four of my coworkers, which was a blast.


The park is a spring with really clear water, and is a manatee migration area in the winter time! We started off the morning by kayaking and canoeing, Michaelene and I took a tandem kayak and the other three took the canoe. They were horrible at paddling the canoe and it was hysterical. We saw a bunch of pretty big fish, a couple turtles, plenty of birds, and Michaelene and I think we saw a manatee! We saw a large grey blog dive under water anyway and we're pretty sure it was a manatee.




After kayaking and canoeing we walked down the boardwalk and found the swimming spot! It was AMAZING with super clear water and was perfect for swimming. Naturally we took 285619827364 mermaid pics.








After the park we went to McAllister's Deli for lunch, SnoTea (I think that was the name?) for bubble tea, and Valkyrie Doughnuts for dessert! It was all in the same lot, super close to the UCF campus.



It was all super tasty. Then we headed back home and had a chill night!

July 15th (Saturday): I spent the afternoon in Epcot with my coworker Tamara, and her girlfriend Luz and we drank around the world! Mostly. Let's see we (collectively, not individually) got a sangria from Mexico, hard cider from Germany, a mango ginger drink from China, alcoholic shave ice from Japan (half blackberry and half coconut/pineapple), limoncello from Italy, some unfrozen pina colada thing from Morocco...and I think I got it all. The best was for sure China and Japan, my picks naturally. We also got wraps from Morocco for lunch, and strawberry ice cream macaroons from France for dessert. Then we rode the Frozen ride, Test Track, and Soarin'. After Epcot they went to Hollywood Studios and I went to Animal Kingdom. Walking in it started like monsoon-ing and I casually walk up through security while everyone else is taking cover and the security officer is like "are you a surfer or something? This isn't phasing you at all" and I was like "no, I just live here and expect this" hahaha #florida. I went and saw Festival of the Lion King (like always), and rode Kilimanjaro Safari (like always). It was SO COOL because I rode the safari around sunset which is when the lions are active, and THEY WERE ROARING AND IT WAS SO COOL. Then I went home and had a relaxing night!

July 16th (Sunday): I worked from 10am - 9:15pm and it was a pretty good day. I really wanted an ER because I didn't feel so hot in the morning (like always, it got denied), but it ended up being okay. The guests were all fine/good with some great ones, so no complaints there! Our wait times were pretty short too which is always nice and relatively stress-free. I got to meet a family from Everett, WA which is like 20 minutes from where I live so that was a fun small world moment. ALSO I had the cutest little girl come through Dumbo and she says to her mom "I can't believe we're going to FLY" and I wanted to melt it was so adorable. But for the first time in FOREVER....it didn't rain even a drop! Oh, and I randomly got scheduled a four day weekend, so I spontaneously bought a flight home for five days from now hahaha. Super pumped about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment