D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, July 10, 2017

Week Twenty-Four: Happy 4th of July!

WHAT A WEEK. My shortest shift this week was just under eleven hours, so it was a long long week. Pretty good though!! July 3rd and 4th there were special fireworks (360 degree and classic American songs/anthems) so those days brought in tons of people.

July 3rd (Monday): I worked from 10:15am - 10:15pm and it was a pretty busy day!! We did go down for weather for about two hours, which was a really nice break. The fireworks were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I was at grouper and main for the fireworks at Barn so I WAS outside, but the fireworks were mostly blocked by the station walls. They were super cool because the fireworks were being shot off from all angles, a change up from our usual fireworks! With all the people though, we had a 30-minute wait at Barnstormer even at 10pm which is unheard of. Yay busy days....funny story though, I had a kid (like young adult) come up to me and say "I never thought I'd meet the girl of my dreams in Fantasyland" so that was kind of incredibly awkward and funny.

July 4th (Tuesday): I met yet another Marin this day! Always fun to meet a little name twin. The 4th was nuts, I don't believe the park hit capacity, but it was pretty close. Naturally, FastPass was awful as always when you have a busy day. People always trying to get through FP when they don't have one, just because they don't want to wait in line. Unfortunately, I was at Dumbo merge (inside the tent) for over two hours, so I missed all the fireworks. That was a big bummer, because I should have been at greeter with awesome views, but rotation was like an HOUR late. I worked from 3pm - 1:45am so I didn't get to be until like 2:45am.

July 5th (Wednesday): I was SUPPOSED to work 9:15am - 10:15pm, which would put me into double time (getting paid extra for working two shifts with less than eight hour turnaround) BUT MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF. I'm still so mad about it. I woke up at 9:22am and starting freaking out because I was supposed to be at work, but my alarm literally just didn't go off. When I checked it, it was STILL set for 8am!! So maddening. Well somehow I still made it to work and clocked in at 9:55am, with no makeup and wearing my glasses and not eating breakfast. I also extended so I was out at 11:15pm instead of 10:15pm, and still worked a 13-hour shift. So BAD luck day.

July 6th (Thursday): Day off! Yay! I went to Universal with some coworkers, and we rode Mummy, E.T., the Harry Potter castle ride, the Hulk, Ripsaw Falls, and obviously got butterbeer. We also got Moe's for lunch at CityWalk!




After Universal we went to Disney Springs and got dinner at Homecomin' Kitchen which was SO GOOD. It's southern comfort food, but done really well. So I got these cheddar cheese drop biscuits with chicken and hot honey, and a side of mashed potatoes with gravy. To drink I got an AMAZING berry, rosemary, and lavender cocktail that was one of the best drinks I've ever had. This restaurant is cool because they have a bunch of local foods/ingredients, and local craftsmanship for the interior decorating! WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We all really enjoyed our meals.



July 7th (Friday): I was the only one off this day, so I went to Animal Kingdom by myself and brought my nice camera with me! It was super fun, I rode Kilimanjaro Safari twice, walked Gorilla Falls/Pangani Forest Trail or whatever they call it now, and watched Festival of the Lion King! And also got some delicious red raspberry iced tea.





After DAK I went home and did laundry then went grocery shopping!

July 8th (Saturday): I worked from 11am - 10:45pm and we had SUPER short wait times, which was such a nice change. Dumbo was 10-20 minutes all day long. At Dumbo merge (inside the play tent), I had one dad come up to me and say "my son thinks you're hot" and then his poor son got super embarrassed and everything was awkward. But kind of funny. I also had a family when I was grouping at Barn come up with a tiny child who was CLEARLY too short to ride. So I sent them back down but the dad kept saying stuff like "oh, it's fine, he's with me, he'll sit on my lap" and "he can ride between my wife and I" and I'm over here like FIRST OF ALL, neither of those things are allowed. It's two per row with no lap sitting. AND SECOND OF ALL, there are height requirements for a reason, and I don't want your baby to fly out. Ugh people. But the wife finally exited with the child. Also right before that I had THREE wheelchair parties in a row come through Barn so I had a very hectic grouping rotation. On the bright side though, we had free chips and dip in our break room because we've been doing so well on rotating quickly! So yay free food.

July 9th (Sunday): I worked from 11:30am - 10:45pm and it was pretty uneventful. We did have two lost kids we had to call security for, but as always, the parents were nearby. Our rides were pretty chill, it wasn't too busy, so that was good. And the end the day we got free cookies from Big Top Souvenirs so that was the cherry on top!

Overall it was an exhausting week, but nothing too crazy happened. OH I also put in housing preferences for my fall extension. I went for random roomies, and apartment choice in this order:

  1. Commons 4-bed, 8 person
  2. Commons 3-bed, 6 person
  3. Chatham 4-bed. 8 person
  4. Patterson 3-bed, 6 person
  5. Commons 2-bed, 5 person
  6. Chatham 3-bed, 6 person
  7. Commons 2-bed, 4 person
  8. Patterson 2-bed, 5 person
  9. Chatham 2-bed, 6 person
  10. Vista 3-bed, 6 person
  11. Vista 2-bed, 4 person
  12. Chatham 1-bed, 3 person
  13. Patterson 1-bed, 3 person
  14. Commons 1-bed, 3 person
  15. Chatham 1-bed, 2 person
  16. Patterson 1-bed, 2 person
  17. Commons 1-bed, 2 person
And that's it! My move date is July 31st.


No comments:

Post a Comment