D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, July 31, 2017

Week Twenty-Seven: Goodbye Spring CP's!!

Okay so for some reason we've just had the worst guests the past two weeks, and that keeps on continuing....I don't know if it's the heat or the humidity or the people, but guests have just been really nasty. Besides that though, it's been a pretty good week!!

July 24th (Monday): I went to Pike Place Market in the morning with my mom and sister in Seattle, and we ate lots of yummy food :)




Then that night I flew out of Seattle to head back to Orlando!! My flight was a red-eye and left at 9:25pm.

July 25th (Tuesday): My flight landed in Orlando around 6am. I took a shuttle back to my car, then drove home and slept from 7:15am - 1:30pm. Then I worked from 4:45pm - 11:45pm. It was a TON of people's last day, so that was a bittersweet shift. Everyone who extended from spring through summer had a July 27th end date, and July 25th last day of work. So we said goodbye to eight (I think) CP's. Our coordinators were AWESOME and let us all ride Dumbo at night then take a ton of photos, so that was really special. I'll post pictures if I remember when I upload them!




July 26th (Wednesday): I worked from 5:45pm - 1:45am for Extra Magic Hours, so I got to eat my lunch at 10pm which is super late and kind of funny. ALSO I had Dumbo automatically cut its power (if the ride detects that something is off, it will shut down or emergency stop or something like that) and we were down for like thirty minutes while maintenance tried to figure out what was wrong with it. So that was weird, I'd never had that happen before. But we got it all fixed up! Also we were down for weather from 11pm - 12:15am so we had literally NO ONE at night.

July 27th (Thursday): I HAD THE MOST RIDICULOUS GUESTS. I had one really angry Irish woman rant to me for 25 minutes about how much she hates America and Americans while I helped her figure out how to work the app. Like I get it, you're frustrated, but she never thanked me, complained the entire time, and stormed off after I fixed it up for her. So there was that, then I had a family holding a clear cup of urine because apparently it makes more sense to stay in line and have your child pee in a cup then it does to walk the 30 seconds to the bathroom. So that was pretty gross and the poor guests behind them were mortified. We also had it pour rain for five minutes, and went down for weather for all of twenty short minutes. But this man refused to leave the line and was yelling at us about the weather as if we can control that. But I had the dream shift of 10am - 6:15pm.

July 28th (Friday): I worked 3:45pm - 10:45pm. We were down for about 75 minutes and let me tell ya, the thunder was UNREAL. I like to call it gunshot thunder because it's THAT loud. Absolutely insane with crazy lightening and rain too. Also I had a woman come up to me and get mad while I was at Dumbo STANDBY greeter, because I wouldn't let her two children go up the FASTPASS entrance. Okay first of all lady, I have ZERO control over who the FP greeter lets through. Secondly, the FP greeter told me you only had two SPLASH MOUNTAIN FP's. This lady starts getting mad because now her 7-year old is going to cry and it's "not about the kids" and I'm thinking to myself, do you have any idea how many kids come through Disney?? THOUSANDS per day, and we can't just let random people go through FP just because they want to. So that was interesting.

July 29th (Saturday): We were super slow in the morning, then it rained for a little while, and all of a sudden we were SWAMPED when the rain went away. So weird start to the day. I also felt like I spent my entire shift explaining how everything worked. Like no one understood FP, no one understood how DAS (disability) worked, how the Dumbo play tent queue worked, I was explaining a lot. And that's fine and all, but it's exhausting. Also, I had a really funny child brighten my day because I was talking to him about his lightsaber he was holding, and he told me he got to fight Stormtroopers with it. So I told him I was glad he made it out in one piece and he just goes "I kind of wish I was sliced in two so I could meet my Grandpa and Uncle Chuck. Uncle Chuck was blown up in a land mine explosion! And my grandpa died from natural causes but was once shot in the arm." And I just go "oh that's too bad" because how do you talk to kids about that hahaha. And he just goes "yeah, it's a shame". So this kid was hysterical. I worked 10am - 10:45pm.

July 30th (Sunday): I worked 11am - 10:45pm and we had the WEIRDEST weather. It rained all day long, but like misty rain. So Seattle weather. Which is so uncharacteristic of Florida. But it was nice because it was cooler, and less people were riding our rides! So chill day. I did have this woman on the Barnstormer taking forever to stow her backpack and everyone else is ready to go, I'm just standing there waiting to check her lap bar and her kids behind her go "mom you're holding up the whole line!" and this mom just looks at me and says "oh, this is Disney, she doesn't care, she has to smile no matter what". OKAY woman. Also when I was at Dumbo FP I stepped on a snail on accident and squished it and it was disgusting. OH and I got an ER for 10:15pm even though I didn't ask for one, and went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my coworkers! I had been craving fried pickles for like three weeks so I was very happy to get those and some mini corndogs. Yum! And great company of course.

That was the week!! Hopefully it starts turning around with guest attitudes, it's much more fun when people are happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment