D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week Forty-Two: MRI, Famous People, and Family!

Another week full of the Mine Train.

November 6th (Monday): I had to wake up SUPER early to get an MRI on my ankle for an old injury that's been flaring up. My appointment was at 6:50am, so that was rough. After my MRI I met up with Martia for breakfast at First Watch which was really tasty (eggs benedict, yum!!). Then I went home and took a nap before work (naturally), and had a great day at work. I pulled tower three times (bless, a chair and no guest interaction), and didn't pull greeter or merge at all!!! We also had to emergency stop the ride and go down for like an hour, but luckily all the hard stuff happened while I was on my lunch, and I got off lunch just in time to go reset the track! Fun stuff!

November 7th (Tuesday): I woke up early, made cookies, and had a pizza bagel for breakfast (I really need to go grocery shopping). At work I pulled a lot of busy positions, which is fine as long as guests listen to you and follow direction. I also got to see a bunch of circus friends who rode Mine Train!! So fun seeing them. We also had Fifth Harmony ride, but they rode in small groups to attract less attention.

November 8th (Wednesday): Everyone and their mother forgot their cellphone on the Mine Train, or dropped it outside the vehicle, so that was fun. I also had a bad headache, our kitchen in the apartment was an atrocious disaster, and my breaks came early. So not such a fun day. Also people kept exiting on the wrong side of the mine car, like people there's a barrier there for a reason, not to mention cast members spieling "please exit to your right". Luckily I pulled lots of console positions, so not super stressful positions.

November 9th (Thursday): My NINTH day in a row of work, so I was pretty burnt out and exhausted. We had Holly Madison on the train (the famous Playboy bunny), so I guess that's cool? Also I worked for forty minutes before I realized I forgot my name tag, so that was awesome. AND we were posting a 40-minute wait when it was actually 90. So that wasn't so fun.

November 10th (Friday): I went to Universal in the morning, then went and picked up my parents from the airport. We stopped by my apartment, so they got to see where I live, and we spent the evening in Disney Springs. We got dinner at Homecomin' Kitchen, which is a really fun restaurant in Disney Springs. During dinner, however, we heard that my sister's flight was cancelled due to an exploding bag in the Orlando Airport (overheated lithium camera battery), so we had a few hours of STRESS where we had to book her a different flight through an airline that was still flying to Orlando (everyone but Frontier apparently), and figure out her SuperShuttle thing. So stressful. But thankfully she made it on a flight, even though it was delayed by like four hours, and she got to Orlando at like 10am. We stayed at Coronado Springs on Friday, then the Yacht Club all the other days.

November 11th (Saturday): We met my sister at the Yacht Club, then spent the day in Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival. We tried the Greek nachos, beef and potatoes from Belgium, Thai chicken with peanut sauce, and a few other things. We also rode (via FastPass) Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Soarin'. Then we headed off to Magic Kingdom and rode (mostly via FastPass) Dumbo, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and the PeopleMover. Maybe one or two others as well. We also watched the fireworks, and though we had a spot with a good view, it was INSANELY full of people and super stressful.


November 12th (Sunday): We got up nice and early to go to Animal Kingdom before park open and get in line for Flight of Passage. We got to DAK around 8:35am, the park was scheduled to open at 9am, but they were already letting people through. I'm guessing people were starting to get backed up behind security and so they opened to park to help with crowd control. That's just a guess though. We ended up waiting about an hour for FoP, and when we got off they were already posting 200 minutes so PHEW. After that we used a FP for Everest, then went to Festival of the Lion King where my wonderful roommate hooked us up with front row seats and a cast meet and greet!! THANKS JANI!!!! SO AMAZING. My dad was chosen to lead the elephant section, so that was fantastic.


We also rode Kilimanjaro Safari and Dinosaur with FP, and walked both the Maharaj Jungle Trek and Gorilla Falls trails. After DAK we went to Epcot for Food & Wine day two, and got the spicy Ethiopian lentil stew, potstickers from China, a cocktail and beef and potatoes from France, and beer cheese soup and filet mignon from Canada. We also rode Nemo and got to close out the park on the Frozen ride! We waited maybe 20 minutes for it.


Fantastic weekend with the fam!! More on our family vacation to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment