D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, November 27, 2017

Week Forty-Four: Happy Thanksgiving!

November 20th (Monday): I was off, which was funny because I had a week off then worked two days then was off again. But I had a pretty chill day off after a busy week of fun. I went to Splitsville in the afternoon with some coworkers (Splitsville is the Disney Springs bowling alley), then we checked out the Christmas Tree Trail. The Christmas Tree Trail (I think that's the correct name?) is a trail in Disney Springs with fake snow and a bunch of Christmas trees with different themes. So obviously we took pictures with the Snow White and Dumbo trees.



We also got to see Alex's sister at work which was pretty cool. She works at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, turning little girls into princesses! After the Springs I went to Walmart to get my oil changed, and went grocery shopping for the first time in a month. NOTE TO SELF: WALMART TAKES TWO HOURS FOR AN OIL CHANGE.

November 21st (Tuesday): I was scheduled to work from 7:45am - 4:15pm, but got an ER for 2pm! We were so overstaffed that we had no fewer than SIX greeter positions up for the first half of the day. Work itself was great, I got picked up by a training group at merge, so I got to only do a half rotation at one of my least favorite positions, and I ended my shift in tower!! SO nice to end in a seat. Also there was a weird lady who wanted to talk to a manager because she wanted to go through FastPass without a FastPass. Obviously our coordinator didn't let her through, but that was weird. So I got to home early from work, went to Michaelene's house, then carpooled over to Jenna's place for Friendsgiving! Everyone brought something, and it was a solid mix of store-bought and homemade. We had all the classic dishes (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, etc.) but our friend Michelle also brought some classic Puerto Rican dishes which was super fun. We had so much food. Also a ton of people brought dessert, so we had apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, brownies, coconut pudding, and I think there might have been something else in there too. A really awesome night though (thanks Jenna!!).

November 22nd (Wednesday): I started the day off with a physical therapy appointment, then I WAS IN THE CIRCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ROUGHLY FIVE WEEKS. WHAT. So nice to be back. I worked from 2:30pm - 11pm and I had some awesome families at grouper that I got to chat with, including a couple from Scotland, and a few families with really sweet little kids. I was #blessed with pulling wheelchair assist TWICE, as well as Barnstormer grouper and main panel, all positions that I really enjoy. Then I pulled Dumbo rotation twice which is also positions I really like! So overall a great shift. Super busy though, we had an hour wait for Dumbo.

November 23rd (Thursday): I slept in super late, then had a Mine Train shift from 3pm - 9pm (DREAMS). I pulled FastPass twice (ew), but also pulled tower twice, so that made up for it. I had a few families wish me a Happy Thanksgiving, and we had a potluck at work which mostly consisted of cookies. Work was good, and after work I made Guinness stew! I forgot how long stew takes, however, so I had to stay up until 1:45am to finish it.

November 24th (Friday): I had another PT appointment (which I'm still sore from) in the morning, then I worked from 3pm - 12:45am in the circus. We were so understaffed that we had to close the play tent at like 7pm (cue angry mob). It was another BUSY day with Dumbo posting an 80-minute wait at one point. Also we had THREE lost kid situations, but we ended up finding the parents in all three situations, so all was well. I was at Dumbo the entire shift, and I got to close Dumbo with Kasia. Her end date is November 30th, so it was our last shift together ever :'(




November 25th (Saturday): Day off! I was off by myself, so I slept in until 1pm, which I haven't done in ages, then took my nice camera to Animal Kingdom! I actually missed the bus so first went to Epcot for like twenty minutes, then went from Epcot to DAK. I did Festival of the Lion King, Gorilla Falls, got a FP for Kilimanjaro Safari, and got a FP for Rivers of Light. Then I ended up on the same bus home as Jani, my roomie who works at FOLK!





November 26th (Sunday): BEST DAY EVER. I was supposed to be at the mine from 7:30am - 4pm, but I put in an ER for 12:30pm because I was exhausted and only got like four hours of sleep. The morning was rough though because Mine Train was ready to go, then something caused a non-resettable AKA the ride went down right before park open and we had a delayed opening. So people actually couldn't get in line until 8:35am instead of 8am. But people were really kind about it which was a pleasant surprise. I just did wheelchair assist, then worked a console, then went home. DREAMS PEOPLE. I went home and napped for three hours, then walked to Publix to pick up some groceries I forgot to get last time, and spent the evening in Disney Springs with the roomies! We went to Earl of Sandwich for dinner, then went and saw Coo that night. IT WAS SO GOOD. The whole theater was crying. It's fine. And yeah! That's about it.

Hopefully the busy week is over and we can have a breather before the crazy Christmas crowds :) Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment