D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, November 6, 2017

Week Forty-One: "Where do the dwarfs poop and pee?"

I was at the mine all week again, remember when I worked in the circus? I kind of miss the circus but they won't schedule me there at all, so that's a bummer.

October 30th (Monday): I worked from 3:15pm - 10:45pm. I did laundry in the morning before heading off to work, and work was weird. I pulled FastPass twice (my least favorite position), and that was a bummer because it was NUTS. The end of the month gets like this because Guest Relations (and some other Cast Member positions) will hand out paper FastPasses as a form of guest recovery if a guest is having issues with their FP media, or is just complaining a lot. These paper FP's are good for the month, so they expired October 31st. Well since it's the end of the month, people are cashing in on those paper FP's (which there are a lot of because they've been circulating all month, and there's a lot by the end of the month). So anyhoo, the FP line gets crazy backed up, which is not fun. ALSO I had this psycho woman at the end of the night. It was Extra Magic Hours (for Disney resort guests only) from 9pm - 11pm, and starting at 9pm we scan people's magic bands before they can enter so we know that they're staying on property. Well this lady grabs her kids and tries to push by me, so I ask to scan a magic band and a kid lets me do it and it says "no current resort reservation" so I'm like "oh, are you staying on property?" and the lady says "oh COME ON" and I'm like "I'm sorry, EMH started 10 minutes ago, the park is now closed to day guests. And she is like "ARE YOU SERIOUS" and I'm like "yes" and she just grabs her kids and pushes past me to get in line anyway, so I say "ma'am, the line is closed to day guests, it's for resort guests only" and she keeps ignoring me and gets in line, so I say "ma'am, I WILL call security" at which point she finally turns around and gets in my face and is like "are you being serious with me right now?!" and I was like "yes, I'm sorry, but the park is closed to day guests" and she stomps off yelling how unmagical her day was. Well, next family in line is like "you handled that SO well, that family actually pushed in front of all of us so we're so glad you turned her away". So that was crazy!!! But I feel good about how I handled it.

October 31st (Tuesday): Day off! For some reason a bunch of us got Halloween off, so we started the day at Epcot and did Colortopia in Innoventions, rode Soarin', the new green Mission: Space, and Test Track. And of course ate around the world for Food & Wine. Then we went to Magic Kingdom and rode Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Dumbo! And watched Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, which I had never watched beginning to end.

November 1st (Wednesday): I worked from 7:30am - 4pm. We had Extra Magic Hours in the morning and it was SO slow that we actually sent a few empty trains! Amazing, right! I ended with positions I liked, so it was a good day! Also, I got some compliments from our efficiency Cast Members (trainers who were scheduled to help us hit our numbers), so that felt nice.

November 2nd (Thursday): I worked 1:15pm - 9:45pm and they completely changed our grouping line on us without telling us. So surprise!! We used to have an odds line and an evens line, so we would pull roughly ten people from each line, and could fill every seat in the train. Now we have one line, so it's easier to group, but harder to fill a train. Because we used to pair odd parties, but now they're all mixed together so you have an empty seat here and there. But I think it's actually a little easier. Also I had a family come through with a kid that had no shoes, and when I said they needed shoes to ride, they told me that they lost them. How do you lose a pair of shoes? So that was weird. Oh, and I had a billion wheelchairs when I was in charge of our wheelchair guests, so that got a little hectic.

November 3rd (Friday): I worked from 2pm - 10:15pm and had the CUTEST little girl come through. I was a FP and a family came up and was just like "we couldn't find a FP, can we come through?" and I was like "sure, why not, let's make a little magic" and when they came back out the little girl came and gave me the biggest hug. She was SO CUTE!!! I mostly pulled positions I really like, and my bump out came SUPER early, so my last half hour I got paid to sit in the break room. Great day.

November 4th (Saturday): I worked from 10:15am - 9:45pm. I was supposed to be bridge support from 7pm - 9:45pm, but they pulled me to mine because they were short. THANK GOODNESS because I hate bridge support. Work was pretty good, I got more compliments from our efficiency team at grouper. Also, we had a VIP tour group waltz on up the exit, which means they were high profile apparently a group of Disney Channel stars (but I didn't recognize any of them). There's also a possibility it was Nick Lachey and crew. I don't now, I don't recognize any of the famous people. And I got to stop the ride at one point because a lady sprinted back into the station while the train was moving to grab her popcorn bucket (insert major eye roll here, what part of that seems like a good idea).

November 5th (Sunday): I worked from 4pm - midnight, my first real closing shift! I closed grouper so I got to end my night with a ride through, which is wonderful :') I also had a guy come up to me that apparently graduated from my high school back in 2011, two years before my graduation! So that's a crazy small world. I also had the FUNNIEST little boy come up to me in line (he was probably four or five years old) and he's like "excuse me I have a question" and I'm like "sure, what's up?" "where do the dwarfs pee and poop?" HAHAHAHAHA this kid was concerned that he would see dwarf pee and poop on the ride! SO FUNNY AND CUTE. His mom is like "I'm sure they have bathrooms" so I went along with it and told him that dwarfs wanted to keep the ride nice and clean for the guests. That was probably my favorite question I've ever been asked. AND THEN (funny stories continue) I was at a console where you check lap bars and send the train and I had a guy with a prosthetic leg that couldn't fit both knees (because of the prosthetic) under the lap bar. He asked me where the exit was so I pointed, assuming it was because he was going to exit. Then he tells me "I was just asking because I'll fit fine if I take off the prosthetic" so I'm like yeah for sure, do what you gotta do, assuming he'll just take it off and ride with the prosthetic, because people do that sometimes. Nope, he hands it to me to wait for him at the exit. So here I am, marching down to unload (the exit), holding a man's lower prosthetic leg, tennis shoe and everything to tell that Cast Member "this is for the guest in train 6, row 4". My coordinator had to leave the station, he was laughing so hard. And the man was SUPER nice about it, it just looked ridiculous, me holding this leg. But he fit and got to ride, so all is well!

And that sums up my week! MY FAMILY COMES ON FRIDAY AND I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I got EIGHT days off in a row BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment