D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week Eleven

It's been such a strange but fabulous week. Last week we finally cooled down!! I got to wear PANTS and a SWEATSHIRT. AKA highs in the 60s. So last Thursday, which was the end of the cold spell, I went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!! YAY! IT WAS SO FANTASTIC. LIKE SO GOOD. It's essentially the exact same as the Halloween party but Christmas themed. But I'm getting ahead of myself. In the morning I went to Magic Kingdom to play with Lindsey and her coworker Becca. We ate lunch at Tony's, and got to meet Mickey which was cute as always.


We hit up all the major rides (minus dwarf train) and got Starbucks and chilled until the Christmas party. At the party they had free snicker doodles and hot cocoa, the hot cocoa was excellent but the cookies were not my fav. We got to meet all seven dwarfs which was super awesome, pictured below:


That's my roommate Lindsey and I, our other companions wanted solo pictures. But after this we got to watch the parade which was my all time FAVORITE parade, and the Frozen floats were actually really well done, even though everyone complains about them. We rode some rides with short wait times, like Space Mountain, in which we attempted a selfie shot:


Yeah, it's pretty rough. Well after this we watched the Holiday Wishes which were beautiful <3 Then got to walk main street, which snows all night long. Seriously talk about magical. Here are some other pictures from the night:







Overall I prefer the Christmas party parade for sure, and theming/decoration. I liked trick-or-treating better than the snack stations, however, and the fireworks were pretty much equal for me. A fantastic two nights nonetheless <3

This week I mostly work 2-8 with a couple noon-8 shifts thrown in. Tomorrow Lindsey and I are eating at the Rainforest Cafe for an early Thanksgiving dinner, but we'll see how much time we'll get to spend in DAK, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Today it was absolutely pouring, and park attendance was only 10,000. It was anticipated to be 34,000. So pretty much we all got ERs. Also there was a tornado warning, so that's fun...now there's a flood warning. But it should clear but the rest of the week and be 70s! That's it :) The program is flying by, and I know it'll be over before I know it and that makes me sad.

Side note: EXACTLY one month until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment