D-Fam

D-Fam

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Traditions (I'M OFFICIALLY A CAST MEMBER AGAIN)!!!

I just got back from Traditions and I am so excited to finally be able to call myself a cast member again!! I had 2:40pm Traditions, and the busses picked up right outside my apartment building at 1:15pm, leaving at 1:30pm. We got to Traditions right around 2pm, then mingled and split up. There was a different group every ten minutes, so a 2:30pm class, a 2:40pm class, etc. I had class with my new friend Corey, who has also had drug testing, casting, and housing with me! AND we have our welcome to ops class together on Tuesday. So it was fun to hangout with him, he'll be working Kilimanjaro Safari!!

I don't want to spoil too much of Traditions, but I'll give you the basic rundown! We sat in groups of five - mine included three attractions cast members (including myself), one lifeguard, and one working at the Grand Floridian spa! That one said that she was originally offered Children's Activities, but casting called her back and offered her this role instead. We think it's a role inconsistently offered which is why it's not listed anywhere. Super cool though.


The first part of the class was talking about the four keys (safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency), talking about integrity, and basically watching videos to inspire. WARNING: YOU MAY CRY AT THE VIDEOS BECAUSE THEY'RE SO DANG INSPIRATIONAL AND MAGICAL. You take a short break for food/bathroom, then get to go on a special field trip. I won't give anything away ;)

After you get back to the classroom you get your blue ID and your name tag!! Your blue ID is what allows you to get into the parks before your maingate (entrance ticket for the duration of your program) comes, and what you use to get discounts. A special friend comes in for the big name tag reveal, then your officially a cast member!! All you need for Traditions is your driver's license, and a snack if you want it. Oh, and business casual clothing of course. Don't stress too much about the clothing, you can get away with dark wash jeans and nice blouse. I wore slacks, a nice blouse, and flats, but many were wearing either dark wash jeans or dresses with flats. The guys all wore dark wash jeans with a button down, or slack with a button down or sweater. It was pretty chilly today (high of like 62) so most of us opted for tights/pants/jackets! Just make sure all tattoos are covered and you look presentable and you'll be fine.



I came home after Traditions because my roommates all decided to come home early from the parks due to early training schedules tomorrow, but we're all going to go to Epcot tomorrow! Yay! Super pumped about that. That's it for now, I'll give y'all an update once training is underway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment